Next Adelaide meet - Discussion

Dsemaj

Car(s)
2003 Urabus Impreza WRX, 1997 Fraud Falcs EL Wagon
Well, I thought I'd separate this from the last thread.

Anyway, who wants to be involved in the next Adelaide cruise? Where do people want to go? I was thinking the same sort of areas me and the other guys went last time, but actually follow the map and get to the corkscrew and all that! I wouldn't mind doing Go Karting as well if we can get enough people. Might even be worth driving down to Port Elliot to go to the Go Karts down there, I hear they're quite good.

http://www.thepits.com.au/index2.html

Be great to get a nice convoy going, feel free to invite friends along as well. I'm going to invite one of my mates because he was jealous of me last time.

In/Maybe

Dsemaj - BMW 530i + Mate in BMW 535i
Unknownspeedster - Mini Cooper S
Red_Bull - VS Commodore
Olie - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8MR​

Might be wise to meet up somewhere with food before so we don't mess up the route trying to find food all the time...

Last edited:
Actually... if there was a convenient Go Karting place half way between Adelaide and Melbourne, that would be epically awesome.

well I'm interested

I think it's time for a Final Gear challenge, Adelaide vs Melbourne! Who producers the best karters. :lol:

It could even be a two part challenge if you find a Go Kart track roughly 1/2 way between Melbourne and Adelaide, you could have a Final Gear Race to the Go Kart track, who gets their first, the Adelaidians or Melbournians? :lol:

What route would you be taking to Port Elliot? Twisty backroads or Victor Harbor Rd? What times do these cruises set off? What's the average age of the people attending?

What route would you be taking to Port Elliot? Twisty backroads or Victor Harbor Rd? What times do these cruises set off? What's the average age of the people attending?

Twisty backroads, Victor Harbor Rd is pretty boring most of the time. Usually about Midday or so is good, but can be earlier. I'm 17, my mate is 18, Red_Bull is 21, unknownspeedster is 19, etc.

So average is 18.75? :p

Anyone want to set a date soon? I want to do a cruise before Uni starts.

Saturday or Sunday morning one weekend I guess. Why do you wanna go before uni? If you're studying in Adelaide it shouldnt be a problem?

Mainly because it'll be harder juggling Uni and Work. I'm probably going to be rostered a lot of weekends..

Well howabout next Saturday then. Thats the 28th of February. Meet at Victoria Park (the carpark on Fullarton Rd), at say, 11am?

Hmmmm. Depends if I'm going to Soundwave or not. I'll get back to you guys later in the week.

I just threw that out there to see what sort of responses people gave. It's probably not good for me either as a lot of my free time is going to be taken up with a project that must be completed by mid March.