• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Next gen Caddys to surpass lofty Audi standards

Cruzz563

Needs a job!
Car(s)
Hammerhead Eagle i-Thrust (Do want)
http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=3605
During my trip to SEMA in Las Vegas I was fortunate to be able to spend a short but albeit informative time, with the 'Chairman of the board' (not the real chairman, the Sinatra kind) of the automotive industry.

He's kind of like a cross between an army general and George Clooney.

He's a straight up guy and we LIKE that!

My time was short with him so I had to move fast...

I asked him flat out... Will Cadillac ever bring up their interior quality into the realm of Audi, MB or BMW?

And his answer was...

He ASSURED me that the next generation Cadillac's (starting with the next Escalade) will not only be as good as Audi (the current benchmark), but the will SURPASS their quality!

I retorted, that GM's interior people do not have what it takes to pull it off and he replied that they were going outside of the company to insure it happens.

His comments immediately made me flashback to the days of Hogans Heroes...

Colonel Klink- General Berkhalter, do you want me handle this?

General Berkhalter- No Klink, I want it done right!

Ok, back to the point...

GM has hired DraxlMeier to design and produce the next Cadillac's interiors.

Who are they you ask?

They're the same company that did the interior for the MAYBACH!

And it don't get any better than that!

Do you think they will pull this off?

We'd love to hear your comments below.

I would love to see this, especially in the Escalade!

Huh?

The guy who runs autospies.com (link at top of first post), interviewed Bob Lutz. That was his interview.

I dont like Caddys, for the most part. On American standards, the new Cadillacs are very good, but on the rest of the worlds standards... they are below the mark. And when is Audi the "benchmark"?

I just don't like american cars. Even though at their best, still requires much refinement.

MPower said:
I dont like Caddys, for the most part. On American standards, the new Cadillacs are very good, but on the rest of the worlds standards... they are below the mark. And when is Audi the "benchmark"?

Well which one would you say is the industry standard MPower? This usually doesn't include Rollers and the like, because they are, for the most part, another industry, like Supercars... :)

zyran said:
I just don't like american cars. Even though at their best, still requires much refinement.

Amen to that ! :lol:

My opinion would be to just DESTROY the Escalade. I mean, it's not even good for an SUV and SUVs are already bad enough cept' those that actually are off-road useful (Land Rover) and hopefully only thoes that actually DO go off-roading. ANYWAYS, yeah. :roll:

Cruzz563 said:
MPower said:

Well which one would you say is the industry standard MPower? This usually doesn't include Rollers and the like, because they are, for the most part, another industry, like Supercars... :)
I think it is incrediably hard to pin point it down to one manufacturer. You can say Audi has good this but Mercedes has good that and BMW is good at making this and that... blah... blah... blah... in each class, there is a different standard so picking a baseline is quite difficult. All that matters is one question, "Does the interior work well or not?" It doesnt matter what "standards" you compare it to. When I sit down in a car, I ask how functional and ergonomic it is and does it feel like a quality product. The rest of it is for magazines to debate over...

i do think you can say audi is some sort of benchmark. they are well build, won't break down as mercedes these days; when compared to BMW, no one thinks they're ugly; they have good engines; don't depreciate a lot; they have good performance, and they last

:lol:

this guy is way too positive!

I'll believe it when I see it and that won't happen.