NFL '09 Regular Season Thread

I don't mind that the Saints won, but I really wish the media wouldn't politicize their championship. Winning a Super Bowl is an emotional boost, but it doesn't exactly undo the damage done in 2005.

The commercials were kind of blah, but CBS' ads for their shows were funny (especially the ones for Letterman and NCIS). I did like the return of Clark Griswold, and the violin playing beaver.

Oh, yes, and I did like the halftime show. Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!

ETA: and please stop it with the "Who Dat." Why do you think that one guy is a big hit with "Pants on the Ground?"

Last edited:
First football game I've seen in my life. I didn't know this sport was so great!!

Congratulations to the New Orleans Saints!

Well, the Colts have gained a temporary new fan. My hatred for the Saints is only exceeded by my hatred for Nascar driver Kevin Harvick and the NY Yankees.

I got the Colts by 14.

Yep the colts did lose by 14, so you got the number part right.

Sorry I gotta say this in big big letters...

YEAAAAAAH! SAINTS! WOOHOOOO

I don't know if I'll be rooting for the chargers anymore, and I'm definitely not sure if I'll be rooting for the saints again. But at least this time, 1st time in the franchise, morale booster for the city, I had to root for them.

Watched last night and really enjoyed it. Not a supporter of either team and was honestly just hoping for a good game of American Football. Certainly delivered in spades and there was certainly some risky calls made by the saints. Overall, enjoyed it and its a shame american football doesn't get shown as much over here in England.