NFL '09 Regular Season Thread

Great game, my predictions suck.

It was a good game, even if I had to console my mum afterwards.

3-1 for the weekend, not too shabby. I was most surprised with the way Baltimore owned New England.

Revising my predictions, I'll go with the Saints over the Cards.

To quote me from last week

As a Cardinals fan, the Packers do scare me. But I believe that Green Bay showed a lot yesterday while the Cards showed next to nothing. I think the Cards get to the NFC Championship, but lose to the Saints.

In the AFC, the only team that impresses me now are the Chargers. I think the Colts will be one and done again.

I'll say Chargers over Saints in the Super Bowl.

Any thoughts?

Now, with my NFC game prediction, I basically said that Philly would beat Dallas thus setting up an Eagles-Saints matchup. So, I was 1-1 on my NFC picks.

I didn't go that far with the AFC, but I told friends of mine that I thought the Jets would beat the Bengals (I was never impressed with them) and that the Patriots would beat the Ravens. So I was 1-1 there too and 2-2 on the weekend. I'm not surprised that the Ravens won, but was shocked at their domination. I just thought it would be a close game.

For this week:

Saints over Cardinals (I hate to say it, but it's what I think)
Vikings over Cowboys

Ravens over Colts (the resting of the starters bites the Colts again)
Chargers over Jets

After spending half a year in Texas, living with three roommates, all from the DFW area, the Cowboys, (or America's Team... :p ) is the only NFL team I care about.

Needless to say, this was not my poster... :p

80fc309a.jpg

I can't agree with the Saints over the Cardinals. I know Arizona practically gave Green Bay the game, but the Saints lost to Tampa Bay in a game they should have had well in hand. I may be wrong, and they may win, but I can't see them pulling anything out against the Cardinals.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong. But the way the defense performed after the 1st quarter and before the last play makes me nervous.

I don't think this was posted here yet. I laughed my ass off :D:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXVoTWkWTkc[/YOUTUBE]

Hey, I hope I'm wrong. But the way the defense performed after the 1st quarter and before the last play makes me nervous.

They'll get that fixed. And I don't think the Saints are actually as good as their record suggests. They played 8 or 9 games that were/should have been easy wins. They lost two of them (a case could be made against the week 17 Carolina game, but for argument's sake, I'm counting it). Yes, they blew out the Eagles, Giants and Pats, but something about them strikes me as over-achievers.

J!

E!

T!

S!

We're! Gonna! Lose!

*cheers*

For whatever reason, I think Baltimore is winning tonight. I think Indy lost its edge, Baltimore is on a roll and they will take care of business.

I'm looking forward to it.

They'll get that fixed. And I don't think the Saints are actually as good as their record suggests. They played 8 or 9 games that were/should have been easy wins. They lost two of them (a case could be made against the week 17 Carolina game, but for argument's sake, I'm counting it). Yes, they blew out the Eagles, Giants and Pats, but something about them strikes me as over-achievers.

You were saying??? :cry:

For whatever reason, I think Baltimore is winning tonight. I think Indy lost its edge, Baltimore is on a roll and they will take care of business.

I'm looking forward to it.

I was concerned about this too, but looks like it was a non-issue. :p

I was concerned about this too, but looks like it was a non-issue. :p

I don't dislike Indy, I just wanted Baltimore to win. Holding the Colts to 20 points isn't something to be upset about, thats a good game, but I can't believe the Ravens only managed 3 points.

I don't know who to root for in the Jets v. Chargers game. I dislike Rex Ryan, but I really hate Phillip Rivers and LaDainian Tomlinson.

I don't dislike Indy, I just wanted Baltimore to win. Holding the Colts to 20 points isn't something to be upset about, thats a good game, but I can't believe the Ravens only managed 3 points.

That's true, I expected more explosiveness from my Colts. As far as the ravens are concerned, well they don't have to feel lonely anymore, the Cowboy's offense also managed only 3 points.

Can I get a non-blowout playoff game all up in the club?!?

And the chargers are playing like nervous wrecks YET AGAIN.

Jesus Christ.

17 to 14, I doubt they'll make anything more.