NFL '09 Regular Season Thread

Good game. The irony: The only reason the Jets are in the playoffs, is because the Colts let them win when they pulled their starters during that infamous game. Now they will face off for AFC champ. The Colts better win or Caldwell and Co. will have HELL to pay with Colt fans...

Go Colts!!!!!

Ravens and Jets are practically the same team, I love the Colts chances. Vikes at Saints should be great one.

I don't think the Jets will beat the Colts, but that's what I want to happen.

And even though they destroyed my team, I'm pulling for the Saints and picking them to win.

Alright, time to revise my championship game picks because my two Super Bowl teams decided they wanted to lose.

Colts over Jets in the AFC. Vikings over Saints in the NFC.

I might have been wrong about the Saints being over-achievers, but it doesn't mean I suddenly like them.

Seeing as the two original picks I had for Super Bowl XLIV are now out, I'm going to predict Saints/Colts. Either way, as long as there is air in my lungs, there is no way I will ever root for the Vikings.

Dude this Vikings vs Saints game is insane.

AND THE SAINTS WIN! WOOOOOOOO :woot:

Last edited:
Dammit, Vikings could have won that, right before they went to overtime. Excellent game though. Doesn't matter though, 'cause the Colts are gonna be stompin' on some halos.

Vintage Favre!! :roflmao:

Little Rusk County, Wisconsin was all excited for the AFC title game and its most famous native son. For three quarters.

Holy Cow. I still recall that infamous 1-16 season all those years ago. Now they're in the Super Bowl?

I'm hoping there's a great snowball fight in hell right now.

The FOX camera crew should head over to Bourbon Street for all the postgame shenanigans celebrations; they might be able to film a few episodes of COPS.

Here's the reaction by the Vikings' radio announcers after Favre's INT:

[YOUTUBE]xo3mvfIy5Lg[/YOUTUBE]

^ translation: no matter what uniform he wears, he's still Brett Farve. He's still just as likely to throw a TD pass as he is to throw a pick-6.

My mom told a story about one of her co-workers, a Favre lover arse kisser who was hoping to win the football pool. Favre Lover's reason? She wanted the money to throw "a Brett Favre Super Bowl party."

Mom didn't say anything Monday morning, instead letting another co-worker (a Bears fan) ask the woman if the party was still on. :lol:

In other news, Kurt Warner's press conference today was to announce his retirement.

Sad day for Cardinals fans, seeing Warner retire. But we all knew it was coming, especially when we started hearing about having a press conference today. He wouldn't be holding a press event if he was just going to announce he was going to keep playing. that's not who he is.

All I can say is thanks to him. He did what almost everyone thought impossible: he led the Arizona Cardinals to the Super Bowl.