NFL '11 Regular Season Thread

KRh7G.png

And the Lions lost as well. Bad day for cats.

I don't know what the party leading up to the game was like, but Reliant Stadium was loud on TV. Kudos for finally making it to the big dance and then going out and winning the first one. I don't think they'll make it any further, but if they play as they did today, there's no reason they can't face the Packers in the Super Bowl.

Eh, on the AFC side we're pretty evenly matched. Now, for the Super Bowl, unless by some miracle we play the Falcons or maybe the Giants, we are screwed. If Schaub and Super Mario were healthy, then I'd say we had a shot at the Packers.

I have problems with thinking Houston can keep up with the scoring potential the Patriots always bring, and Baltimore and Pittsburgh are always good defenses. Also, not completely sold on T.J. Yates being able to manage the final few minutes of a game as well as Big Ben or Brady can. I'm probably too used to the Texans that show promise but ultimately disappoint. But games aren't decided on discussion, so we'll see.

I have problems with thinking Houston can keep up with the scoring potential the Patriots always bring, and Baltimore and Pittsburgh are always good defenses. Also, not completely sold on T.J. Yates being able to manage the final few minutes of a game as well as Big Ben or Brady can.
You don't have to worry about PIT now... WHAT THE FUCK!?!

I think I'm going to sarcastically cheer for Denver from this point on.

I've figured Tebow out. He's making himself look bad intentionally, and then plays for real at the end of the game so in the end he looks like a miracle worker. He just thought the 2nd quarter was the 4th quarter today, and then had to let the Steelers back in it.

Man, what a great game! So glad Denver pulled it off.

Also, this sort of applies. Saw it after the stadium tour in Denver.

2012-01-02_11-40-43_695.jpg

And, just for a good laugh.

2012-01-02_11-41-24_431.jpg

2012-01-02_11-39-44_804.jpg

Last edited:
That 80 yrd reception in OT. Just... damn!

edit: Forgot the postgame show

Last edited:
I fucking hate Tebow. And what aggravates me is that, while his play is good enough, the play calling has been spot on for EVERY shitty situation that HE puts them in. They dialed up that long shot in the best situation. Also, Prater bails him out far more then prayer.

I just don't get how good teams keep letting a shitty pseudo-College offense punk them.

Get used to him. I wouldn't be surprised if, in a couple of seasons, he's putting up Brady- or Brees-like numbers on a week-to-week basis. And he'll keep the Steve McNair running aspect, too.

I think the only thing he is going to have in common with Drew Brees is shoulder surgery...his throwing motion is terrible.

Get used to him. I wouldn't be surprised if, in a couple of seasons, he's putting up Brady- or Brees-like numbers on a week-to-week basis. And he'll keep the Steve McNair running aspect, too.

http://img832.imageshack.**/img832/255[SIZE=7][/SIZE]9/spittake.jpg

I think the only thing he is going to have in common with Drew Brees is shoulder surgery...his throwing motion is terrible.

Before the Patriots/Broncos game, CBS showed tape of that morning's workouts of both Brady and Tebow. When they reversed Tebow's image so he was throwing right-handed to viewers, they had nearly the same motion. He gets a full off-season as the starter under his belt and tidies things up, there's no reason he can't be as good as either of them.

He gets a full off-season as the starter under his belt and tidies things up, there's no reason he can't be as good as either of them.

I've always said that if Tebow ever learns to throw worth a damn (like he did yesterday), the Broncos are gonna be fucking dangerous

Before the Patriots/Broncos game, CBS showed tape of that morning's workouts of both Brady and Tebow. When they reversed Tebow's image so he was throwing right-handed to viewers, they had nearly the same motion. He gets a full off-season as the starter under his belt and tidies things up, there's no reason he can't be as good as either of them.

I've always said that if Tebow ever learns to throw worth a damn (like he did yesterday), the Broncos are gonna be fucking dangerous

All of this. While I'm not saying they are going to win this weekend, he is showing a lot of potential that no one can ignore.

I can ignore it, because in technical football terms he is a giant penis doody face.

Doesn't really mean anything, and has no bearing on longevity. Mark Sanchez did great his first year. Trent Dilfer won a super bowl.

Trent is generally regarded as the worst quarterback to ever win the Super Bowl, and many NFL pundits say that in Tebow wins it this year, he'd replace Trent as that player.