NFS: Hot Pursuit (3)

This isn't looking good, to me. I mean, the graphics look good, but this looks like Burnout with licensed cars. Nothing else. Nothing new.

This isn't looking good, to me. I mean, the graphics look good, but this looks like Burnout with licensed cars. Nothing else. Nothing new.

SSSoooo it's good for those who didn't get to play burnout? *points at self*

SSSoooo it's good for those who didn't get to play burnout? *points at self*

Until you actually play Burnout. Accept no substitutes. At least with Burnout, you know its an arcade game. Nothing about it says sim or realistic. To me, thats the way to go.. plus they specialize in damage modelling :)

Paradise wouldn't install on my computer... or it'd crash, I don't remember... At least I tried.

HP3 is from Criterion you know :p It looks like it might be a "fun" game. Which has been missing from the NFS series for a while now....

I loved burnout paridise (wish they brought Big Surf Island to PC though :(), but I still don't have high hopes for this game. NFS Shift (with the guys behind GTR2 onboard) has shown that EA can still muck things up even with a decent dev team behind them

Looks quite fun. :)

Hmmm... looks fun but too much of a Burnout feel. The nitrous is pretty meh and the roads are way too wide to bring back the old NFS feel. Still keeping my fingers crossed...

I'm tired of all those tunings and nitros ant SHIT. How about just some playn supercarpowerextreme?!

"just cars" is too boring nowadays... you need SOMETHING you can do all day while driving along. also, there's no stupid tuning here.
so having a nitrous is the easiest way to go and then those few extra bits (spikestrip and whatnot) actually fit the whole scheme of racing cops pretty well...

Well I'd rather take nitrous and silly thing like insane cornering speeds, I just wish the collisions are a bit more realistic. Crashing face first against a roadblock at 230 km/h only scratched your car in previous versions. You play like you don't give a damn about the car cos it's indestructible.

Something about that video tells me that the cars will feel very hard to control.

not sure what to make of that video. i hope there is going to be a demo for it.

Cant remember hearing about it before but its good to see the Porker 918 Spyder is in the game.

So it doesn't matter what car you choose, you can still beat everything because you have regenerative nitrous.

The only thing I liked was the level design.

I havent played a NFS game in quite sometime, even though its arcadish and a bit like burnout from what you guys are saying which iv never played, I think in the end of it all I will still check it out to see what its like.

Joystiq said:
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 'four times bigger than Burnout Paradise'

needofrpseedhp.jpg

The EA blog had a chat with Criterion's Matt Webster the other day, and he says that Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit will be about 'four times bigger' than Criterion's last big racing hit, Burnout Paradise. There are a few reasons for that. First and foremost, Criterion wanted the cars going upwards of 250 miles per hour, so more speed means more room needed. There will also be more elevation in the levels, as well as more space to do things like hide your car in the bushes and find off-road shortcuts. Webster says there are over 100 miles of tarmac, and lots of other space to explore as well.

He also talks about the game's "Autolog" system, which will allow for ghost competitions between players, and what he's calling the "Speed Wall," a set of leaderboards which shows how close you are to overtaking your friends, even if they're not online. And finally, Webster says that Criterion has been hard at work replicating real cars for the game -- they had to fine tune the wheels of a McLaren out 2 mm just to get it to hit the right top speed in-game. Sounds like the game is coming along well -- it's scheduled to hit the lights and punch it this November.

Sauce