• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

NFS Most Wanted

Raheel

Photoshop Mod
Car(s)
BMW E46 318 CI
EA Games has officially announced that they will release the game sometime in November...

What part of the game intrests you the most or do you still prefer to have underground style racing?

Are they going back to a normal style racing game? :eek: I sure hope so...

mmm pursuit mode... the only reason any NFS game is worth playing

TF

http://www.eagames.com/redesign/games/ps2/nfsmw/

Looks decent. Still has the ability to customize your cars like Underground, but it has good cars like BMW and stuff. Definetly has potential as it's the best of both worlds it sounds like.

Like Midnight Club 3, you can modify exotic stuff like Bimmers...thats what I like :D

EA Games said:
For the uninitiated, pursuit mode was first introduced in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and allowed racers a new adrenal boost as they not only fought to out-rev other racers, they had to dodge police pursuits, spike strips, and missile firing helicopters... standard police protocol for any high-speed pursuit.

Right :lol:

I hope the end result would be something like umm... NFS Hot Pursuit 2 with (PRIORITY!) decent driveability and sense of speed, car customization and no missile firing helicopters. Or, alternatively, NFS Undeground 2 with exoctic cars, cops and tracks beyond city limits. And a much better soundtrack. I don't have anything against Rap, but there's no need to fill the whole game with it. NFSU had a good soundtrack and NFSHP2 an awesome one.

-Sam

wow awesome stuff... but NFS always bugged me with crap driving sims... the only one I enjoyed was porsche unleashed

best and most realistic nfs ever, was the porshce one imo. i also played them all, nfsu & nfsu2 were fun as well, but 2weeks max and i got bored of those. looking forward to this one as well, but im not getting my hopes up that much :)

pdanev said:
best and most realistic nfs ever, was the porshce one imo. i also played them all, nfsu & nfsu2 were fun as well, but 2weeks max and i got bored of those. looking forward to this one as well, but im not getting my hopes up that much :)

Yeah, he Porsche one is the best. It's just the most entertaining to drive. Undergrounds were good too. Still I'd rate the original NFS above them, considering that it was released back in 1996 it was awesome for the time. Crash slowmos were cool, and the segment tracks were awesome(especially alps).

-Sam

pdanev said:

Yup, NFS: Porsche is the best NFS game ever done. The 1st of the serie was excellent too when it came out. Still curse the day when I traded Porsche to some other game. :(

Personally I have no interest in the whole NFS unless they get rid of the rubberband AI which totally ruins any driving game for me.

Please EA, develop a new engine for NFS. They've been using the exact same one since..uhm..ever. I can't stand to see it anymore. It's so far behind the competition.

yeah, i played NFS 1 and NFS 1 SE for really a long time, it was so good when it came out, skidmarks, racing on streets and not circuits, overtaking, traffic, police, awsome stuff. for some reason i wasnt that much delighted by 2-3-4, then came the porsche one. and yeah, alps, with snow and everything, finetuning your car etc, great stuff. and tha handling and gameplay was way more realistic then underground series ;)

Can't wait to try this one. Hopefully they fixed majority of the problems. And I agree with most of you that NFS: Porsche was the best one.

krummi said:
Yup, NFS: Porsche is the best NFS game ever done. The 1st of the serie was excellent too when it came out. Still curse the day when I traded Porsche to some other game. :(

Personally I have no interest in the whole NFS unless they get rid of the rubberband AI which totally ruins any driving game for me.

What do you mean by "rubberband AI"? I think that the AI in NFSU is pretty decent. It can be challenging to win a race even on normal difficulty sometimes.

NFS Porsche Unleashed was quite spectacular for its day. They should just remake that one with updated graphics and more gamplay options :thumbsup:

jeffy777 said:
krummi said:

What do you mean by "rubberband AI"? I think that the AI in NFSU is pretty decent. It can be challenging to win a race even on normal difficulty sometimes.

Rubberband AI means that the computer controlled cars change their speed to match the player's speed. Thus, you can stay on the starting line for 20 seconds and will propably catch the others before the end of first lap, and on the other hand you can tackle them into a spin which costs them 20 seconds and even if you drive perfectly until the end they will catch you. If it's done properly it can make racing fun, but in NFS's case they usually made driving through the races frustrating.

edit: on the topic of rubberband, in NFS2 there was a catchup assist. I remember testing it once, I started a two player game and first finished the race with one car then the other, McLaren F1's top speed was 370 kph IIRC and the speedo never went over that, and yet I averaged well over 400 kph on my fastest lap.

I think there was an option to turn that catch up thing off....