NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed

got this the other day and after spending awhile getting the wheel set up to work nicely I can honestly say that I don't see why there is all the negativity towards the game. I'm playing it on the PS3 where you dont get the added luxury of using the Logitech profiler to fine tune the wheel outside of the game, and I've been able to get it working really nicely.

The only thing that bugs me abit at times is how sensitive the brakes can be at times. The rest of the game I'm finding extremely fun to play though. Definitely pleasantly surprised with the game given all the negative things said about it.

Do you experience steering lag at all? If possible, can you post a video of of you steering and the in game telemetry? It's so weird that some people doesn't get steering lag and some do. It's literally the first thing I noticed on the test lap.

Do you experience steering lag at all? If possible, can you post a video of of you steering and the in game telemetry? It's so weird that some people doesn't get steering lag and some do. It's literally the first thing I noticed on the test lap.

I try and post a video of it, haven't played it for a few days (been trying out some iRacing), but if there is some steering lag it seems minute and i've filtered it out when I play it. It was really bad when I started playing but by playing with the settings for my wheel (G25) it seems to have become much better. I'll post my steering settings a bit later if you like.

Cool. If it's not too much trouble that would be great. I want to see the difference. I'm using controller and I tried the minimod, adjusting in game settings, nothing helped.

I don't have input lag (PC, with DFGT). I think I liked Shift 1 better though (after some tweaking), but I've only put a few hours into this game. For me, Shift 1's visuals are nicer.

Also, I cut a part of the track in Shift 2 into the grass. Somehow my car rolled completely over on slight input...

EDIT: The force feed back is horrible, I've been spoiled by GT5.

Yeah, Grid is a good example of unrealistic drifting that still manages to be fun and challenging. I can't drift in GT5 to save my life, but in that case it's not the game's fault.

Hmmm, guess I'll have to try Grid out. GT5 drifting is annoyingly hard with the DFGT wheel, looks cool though. Drifting in the real world is easier than drifting in these games, for me at least.

-Robert

Last edited:
I just installed it and set up my wheel like it should be.

THERE IS NO LAG

I'll take a vid tomorrow to show, if you don't believe me.

Hmm, I just saw a cracked version of the first console dlc, which is like 10 cars and 5 tracks... IT IS 150 MB!
My guess: The content is already there... What an asshole move..

Hmm, I just saw a cracked version of the first console dlc, which is like 10 cars and 5 tracks... IT IS 150 MB!
My guess: The content is already there... What an asshole move..

150 MB for content that's already there? Seems a bit steep to me. But it is very typical for DLCs like that to be used nowadays.

Unplayable. I don't know if it's fault but the responsiveness of the cars is so low that I couldn't bare play more than the first race.
As it is now it's possibly the worst car-game I've ever tried....

CPU: Intel i5 2500k Quadcore @ 4.5GHz - Noctua NH-D14
MOBO: Gigabyte P67A-UD4
RAM: 4GB G. Skill Eco
GFX: 2 x EVGA GTX 460 Superclocked in SLI
PSU: Corsair TX650

Trust me, thats not the problem ;)
- The steering just sucks monkeyballs :)

*shrug*

It's pretty much instant for me. I said I'd do a video, but didn't have the time today, I'll do a quick one after I take my parents to the airport (at 4 am).

If you're busy don't worry about it. I know some people don't have the input lag problem, I just want to see how big a difference there were.

Anyone tested the patch yet? Steering issues still there?

from the comments I read on the VirtualR link it seems to have completely removed the steering lag on the PC version, I have the PS3 version myself and have been unable to try it with the patch because with the PSN down I can't update the game. But it does sound hopeful at least

wow, didn't know so many people were hating on this game.

I'm not having any issues on 360 with the Microsoft wheel. I haven't tried drifting yet but so far the game has been pretty fun. love the look to apex camera view.

I bought this yesterday, it's better than i expected. I found the first Shift souless and dull, I could only do 1 or 2 races until it got boring. Shift 2 though has soo much more feel and stuff like that. No more leaping off the surface of the track when a molehill appears aswell, which is great.