NHL Player Grabs fan in anger (video)

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
so, this is a simple one, how long should he sit for this one? go to the 1:00 mark of the video unless you like a good scrum...

HA! you said it!

how about a throw back. some Domi vs a Phily Fan? ill serve that up here for ya!

or Rob Ray vs a Dumbass that ran on to the ice (dumb idea in hockey)

I love it when hockey players do these kinds of things but sometimes the fans deserve it like when this bruins fan tried to Steal Alex Kovalevs Stick HAHA! [video=youtube;V4unmsFPH-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4unmsFPH-g[/video]

Man, I fucking love hockey.
This video is actually an example, albeit an extreme one, of what I hate about hockey. Guys punching each other's helmets like morons, throwing off their gloves as soon as they're bumped, players on a team solely to "protect" "skill" players, etc. You're a professional, act like it.

I've really tried to get into the NHL these past few years, but I can't get past some of these things.

This video is actually an example, albeit an extreme one, of what I hate about hockey. Guys punching each other's helmets like morons, throwing off their gloves as soon as they're bumped, players on a team solely to "protect" "skill" players, etc. You're a professional, act like it.

I've really tried to get into the NHL these past few years, but I can't get past some of these things.

then you really dont get hockey. thi isnt football. these are men. part of the game is that if you do something that is seen as wrong in the opposing teams eyes then you will pay for it. they dont drop the gloves every single time either. my team, Tampa, has played 5 games and had only 1 fight. explain that.

there are different styles of hockey. each team plays a different way, some like grit (lots of hits and fights) and some like finesse (more skilled, less hits).

you need to watch the game with a more open mind. your missing the point of it. these are some of the best role models in sports. they are not jerk offs who bring guns into the dressing room, they dont disrespect the morals of the sport and they respect thier coach and if they dont (thats not often) then someone is getting released/cut/fired/traded. ask Eric Lindros. the fights you see have a purpose and 99% of the time they stay on the ice, its part of the game. they dont meet after the game in the parking lot and fight or something like that.

so, yes, they drop thier gloves and remove thier helmets at every chance but atleast they dont hide behind thier pads and treat thier fans and coaches like shit like other american sports. i dont know who you are going to games with but is not the right person at all.

P.S. : did you really need to comment if you had nothing constructive to say? i see why your rep is crap

Last edited:
I'm thinking he'll get atleast 5 games.

It was pretty stupid to touch the guy, but after a 5min major turning into a 10 min misconduct, he was obviously pretty angry and the minnesoda fan made a smarmy remark. Regardless, he shouldn't have touched him.

I think the fan is being a bit of a douche though, because he's apperantly thinking of sueing and maybe even pressing assault charges. I mean, cummon, he didn't even rip the guys shirt. He grabbed him for like 5 seconds.

well, i agree that a lawsuit is kinda stupid but you know lawers were drooling when they saw this and they have been throwing themselves at him all day. besides, free hockey tickets for life...think about it! lol.

i wouldnt sue, i would just have a great story to tell!

same, I wouldn't look for comensation. It be a great story.

Just watched the Domi video. I forgot how much I love that! Fan just falls into his lap and the penaltry box turns into a beating box. :lol:

then you really dont get hockey. thi isnt football. these are men. part of the game is that if you do something that is seen as wrong in the opposing teams eyes then you will pay for it. they dont drop the gloves every single time either. my team, Tampa, has played 5 games and had only 1 fight. explain that.

there are different styles of hockey. each team plays a different way, some like grit (lots of hits and fights) and some like finesse (more skilled, less hits).

you need to watch the game with a more open mind. your missing the point of it. these are some of the best role models in sports. they are not jerk offs who bring guns into the dressing room, they dont disrespect the morals of the sport and they respect thier coach and if they dont (thats not often) then someone is getting released/cut/fired/traded. ask Eric Lindros. the fights you see have a purpose and 99% of the time they stay on the ice, its part of the game. they dont meet after the game in the parking lot and fight or something like that.

so, yes, they drop thier gloves and remove thier helmets at every chance but atleast they dont hide behind thier pads and treat thier fans and coaches like shit like other american sports. i dont know who you are going to games with but is not the right person at all.

P.S. : did you really need to comment if you had nothing constructive to say? i see why your rep is crap
First off, no need to be so defensive, just my personal opinion. Second, all the things you expanded on only further my points.

- I never brought up football.
- I don't think players should exact any form of revenge on the ice by resorting to violence.
- 5 games and "only" 1 fight?
- I don't think anyone should expect athletes to be good role models; it's not their job.
- Fighting being part of the game is exactly why I said I wasn't a fan.
- After posting a video of a player grabbing an innocent fan, it's hard to defend your argument that all NHL players are somehow better to their fans.
- Not sure why you keep bringing up football, but the last thing NFL players do is hide behind their pads or helmets. That's actually a huge problem at the moment.

What was unconstructive about my post? That I dislike the tough guy mentality in professional sports? Also, my rep is all red by choice; I'm pretty sure you actually asked about it a while back as well.

P.S.

Don't bother writing out an eloquently worded rep next time. It's a waste of time, trust me. ;)

http://img404.imageshack.**/img404/8526/fsdfdsfsdf.png

Last edited:
you didnt see the point i was making. i didnt say you brought up football, im saying they are better than that. and yes, they DO hide behind thier pads.

i remember you now, my bad on the neg rep, i shouldnt have judged. ill hit you back with some + when it lets me.

I'm always intrigued by how NHL is one of the most manly of the manliest sports...I mean you have grown men ice skating while pushing around a tiny little black thing. While I wish more sports would sanction fights thats why NHL is so unique and awesome.

But I saw that talked about on sportscenter and that is quite something....player hitting a fan. No idea what if any punishment has been doled out (dont follow hockey much at all) but 1 or 2 game suspension is in order. One of the espn analyst mentioned how there is suposed to be some kind of movable covering that completel separates that ramp so that there is a barrier between where the fan sit and that little walkway and that should've been drawn over. Of course that fan is obviously missing some brain cells as well taunting the player to the extent of getting the player to start physical altercation. All in all everyone seemed to act like a dumbass.

In all other sports fights are strictly prohibited in an effort to present a professional image. The fact that NHL has a built in fighting system is both a good and bad...those uninitiated think its just just the National Thug League but at the same time it allows players to settle emotions in a controlled manner versus other sports where fights don't break out until emotions run into meltdown level and sometimes can become absolutely crazy:

[video=youtube;R8Fieeyu-1M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Fieeyu-1M[/video]

Yea, thats douchey to grab a fan that is clapping for your ejection. I would say 5 games after they review the tape. You can't assault the fans. I mean what is this, the NBA?

suspended indef pending a hearing on friday. all the fan said was "wow, real professional" and the hockey player who was running on pure adrenaline went stupid. im sure it will be a long suspention.

This is why i like hockey:
I don't care about the fighting, it is a part of hockey but having guys on the team that only is there to fight is retarded...

When I was a kid, I loved Forsberg. Avalanche were my favorite team... after the 'nuks of coarse.

This guy will get 5 - 10 games, plus have to go to anger management classes. he will also have to take a test and if he is on roids, he is gone for more time.

And while I am not against fighting in the NHL, I don't like goons. Goons serve no other purpose than to fight, and should not be in the NHL.

[video=youtube;tkuHLEZv--w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkuHLEZv--w[/video]

I posted this in the Cool Vids thread years ago, but since we're talking hockey and fights: