nice places to live in your country (rich neighborhoods)

toma_alimosh

Also known as "Myke Hunt"
Car(s)
2014 Volkswagen Jetta
Ok, so seing all the pictures from the "post your front door" thread I thought it best to ask people what are some of the best places to live in their countries. (i.e. places where the rich people live, there are big houses with heated sswimming pools, or tall buildings with luxurious apartments ... and generally you'd find many cars like ferraris, lamborghinis, aston martins, porsches ... the lot.

So, if you guys know some of those really good places to have a house in your country (maybe even city), I would be interested in seing some pictures of those places .... (and the usual kind of cars that rich people all over the world drive -- no, they don't all drive ferraris)
*thinking of luxurious villas on beachfronts in Florida* .... :whistle:

why don't you work hard.. and one day you'll have a luxurious house and post a pic of it in the "post your front door" thread.

you can find lots over the web.. but I don't think alot of people would cruise around to take pics of other houses in neighbourhoods.

I've got a buddy who lives in a neighborhood where all the houses are 10k square feet and have indoor pools and stuff, but they might appreciate me taking pictures of everything. :dunno:

Fuck the rich people with huge houses. Huge pet peeve of mine ;)

I live in a city where the average price of a sold house was 450k euros last year (and that buys you a ~3bedroom apartment) and mansions etc. are a plenty, I see Porsches and Lexuses etc every day. Most of the good houses are fenced and garages make sure that the cars aren't seen outside so pictures aren't that easy.

I live in one of the richest cities in Europe. Millioaires per capita that is.
Where would I live ? Well, it depends on what you like. There's Blankenese, which is located a little away from the city centre. The whole districts spreads on the hillside of the Elbe river. All the big houses there were once owned by the shipping company owners who made a fortune with stuff they imported and sold. Inbetween there are old fishermans houses. Toghether it makes quite a nice mixture. The district has lots of parks and generally is a little more quiet. If you like to relax after your day at work and take your dog for a walk, that's where you want to live.

Here's a pic:
hamburg7_01.jpg

You can't actually see a villa on the pic, but it should give you an idea how it's like.

Now you'll find luxurious cars there, but the general consense in Germany is that you don't show off your money like that. I think it is considered poor taste to build yourself a house like you would see in MTV cribs and drive around in flash cars like Lamborghinis etc.

You wont see many High-end cars no matter where you go in Denmark (fucking high taxes) But where i live now (Strandvejen) is one of the more posh places in Denmark i guess but its all old money i think like 80% of people here are over 70 :?

All the really rich Danes leave Denmark :p

... And if i could live anywhere i wanted i'd go to South France and live in the mountains and drive rally everyday to and from work :)

dude you say cars in Denmark are expensive check out the tax in malaysia 330% import duty and another 70% exise duty make it 5 times more expensive than the US.That's for CBU models above 2.0 liter

andyhui01 said:
wow swek.... very nice pic, that would be a very nice neighbourhood to live in :D

Don't let the view fool you. What I didn't told you, is the fact that it rains 320 days per year in Hamburg ;)

Btw. I think I haven't seen pics of your neighbourhood. How is it there ?

andyhui01 said:
Swek said:
Nice "Park" you have there. :p

:lmao: .... looks like some undeveloped land, but it does get noisy in the afternoon when the kids play there :mrgreen:

Do you have a paintball gun? Or you can buy water balloons...

Take photos. :mrgreen:

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio and the richest neighborhood here is called Indian Hill. I believe it is one of the top 10 richest neighborhoods in the US.

I live in Irvine California. IIRC, it took the place of safest city in United State recently according to some local paper.

Irvine is a very nice city all around, no "ghetto" areas, trees blocking visibility of houses from streets, excellent road condition, and again, IIRC, all highschools in Irvine are in the top-100 list of highschools in the nation.

Prices here for houses had been going up like crazy for the past 6-7 years. The richest community in Irvine would probably be Turtle Rock, some are as high as 2-3.5 million for 4-6 year old houses.

older houses are pretty pricey too, recently my friend's parent sold his 25 years old house(around 2,100 sq feet) for $870,000!

My house is a little bit newer, around 4 years old, and is one of the bigger models in this community, recently smaller models in this community (2,000-2,700 sq ft) sold for around $1.2-1.3 million.
:shock:

yup.... unlike cars, homes do not depreciate with age, if you bought a good location (like on a hill or in front of a lake/sea), it will keep or increase in value until something changes like they fill the lake or a landslide occured near your house or something