Nicest 360 modena ever

I agree... most of the japanese cars are not designed in style like the italians... its more about practicality... there's only 1 exception though... the Mazda RX-7... :D

I'm not saying they produce crap cars.... they are great car but they just don't know how to design cars that look exotic

Can't say I'm a big fan of putting Japanese plastic bits on Ferrari's either, but I think that bodykit doesn't look 'that' bad. I don't like the back though, nor the wheels (on that particular car).

Me not like.

I like the dark rims and tinted windows, they make it look badass. But, the front diffuser(or whatever that flat part right at the bottom of front bumper) does not look good, and whatever that thing in the middle of that rear end is is hideous!

The Japs dont know anything about real cars, and its so obvious in every vehicle they produce.

woooow, dude. thats some big load of crap you just said imo. generalazing a whole country's car industry as being bad is a little bit childish dont u think. if you say that e.g. some toyota models are bad because of this and that reason, and you give an argument or some data, that could be ok. but saying japanese dont know anything about cars.... :shock: :?

pdanev said:
The Japs dont know anything about real cars, and its so obvious in every vehicle they produce.

woooow, dude. thats some big load of crap you just said imo. generalazing a whole country's car industry as being bad is a little bit childish dont u think. if you say that e.g. some toyota models are bad because of this and that reason, and you give an argument or some data, that could be ok. but saying japanese dont know anything about cars.... :shock: :?

There are maybe.. one or two standouts produced by the Japanese. RX-7, RX-8... MX-5 (Which is a Ripoff of the Lotus Elan, so that barely counts) but aside from those models (and I'm sure a few others I didn't list), no Japanese cars have the same beauty of design, passion, and fire of Italian, European, and German cars.

For example: take the Skyline. Its a great piece of egineering, but its so plain to look at, and so underpowered, and just... lacks presence. Or.. the Evo VIII, which is technologically ASTOUNDING, but doesnt have that special something that makes people's pulse raise just from seeing it in the parking lot.

I mean.. anyone can pour money and research hours into making a car fast, effecient, stable, etc... but thats a car that moves the body.

True cars, in my opinion, (this sounds really corny I know) don't just move the body, but also move your soul. They're an integral part of your life, and something that says "This car was made with a Passion for art."

To sum it up: Japanese cars are like complicated mathematical theroms and postulates. They're impressive in how they work, and effective and beautifully effecient.

European cars are like beautiful artwork. They're passionate and moving.

Thats just the best way I can explain it.

plus you have to remember that Japanese cars power are measured at flywheel wherelse european are measured at the wheel

if u delimt a stock GTR it can have over 350HP u know. the car is all limited by the ECU and stuff

andyhui01 said:
plus you have to remember that Japanese cars power are measured at flywheel wherelse european are measured at the wheel

Translating to even more real power out of the European sports cars.

Even if its 350hp, thats still on the low end of the spectrum. A stock BMW M3 is putting out ~330hp at the rear wheels.

Why would they limit the HP?

@ JasDriver - sorry, didnt get you right. i didnt get that u mean only design, next time be more specific, cos u said

so plain to look at, and so underpowered
u have to bear in mind the restrictions in japan, and whether its plain to look at or not, is a question of taste imo. also bear in mind, that removing the restrictions, and adding one or two steps, u can get out a lot of power out of them.

anyone can pour money and research hours into making a car fast, effecient, stable, etc
true, but not everyone can(has) succeed(ed) ;)

True cars, in my opinion, (this sounds really corny I know) don't just move the body, but also move your soul. They're an integral part of your life, and something that says "This car was made with a Passion for art."
i agree with that, but imo it depends again on the person. for me performance/handling...etc, is more important than looks. its when i sit in the car, that gives me the feeling that something is done right, and that moves my soul ;)

Why would they limit the HP?
there are certain rules in japan that have to be followed. though they did abolish them recently if im not mistaken, or at least plan to abolish them

" agree with that, but imo it depends again on the person. for me performance/handling...etc, is more important than looks. its when i sit in the car, that gives me the feeling that something is done right, and that moves my soul"

Except the best handling/performing cars are bound to be European.

pdanev said:
Except the best handling/performing cars are bound to be European.

so cars like nsx, evo, wrx, integra, s2000... etc, can not handle? :think:

That is not what I said, learn to read.

There are European cars that will best any of the ones you just listed.

It's all about taste. Japanese cars seem to be built more as a base, because it is expected that each car will be modified to suit the individual. I think it's a good system. :thumbsup:

i can read don't worry, and there's a reason why i listed those ;)

look at european cars in this category, and in the same price tag. you might be surprised when you read some comparison articles...
once more, do not compare an 600,000+ euro enzo etc, to an s2000 cos that doesnt make much sense for several reasons...

Europe has supercars, and the Japanese have boxes with fancy technology that makes thier little .0003 liter blowdryer engines produce 300hp. Thats what I'm getting at.