Nigel Mansell's lap...

Jasruler

He cut those two corners awfully narsty like... that could have easily given him the two seconds over the other F1 guys, no?

Nice avatar, Doctor... Can't wait for you to come back on Dec. 26th...

Anyway, Stiggy cuts even more with some cars, so I guess, this is ok... The F1 Oldies have a trick or two in stock the newbies don't have... And Damon is clearly out of shape...!!!

Buba

He drove exactly how you should. Good show, Nigel. :thumbsup:

What is the Stigs time on the TG circuit?

I don't know but the way Jeremy commented that Stig believed a 1:44 lap was possible would seem to suggest that he wasn't capable of attaining it...

Doctor Who's phone booth. From the TV show Doctor Who, appropriately enough.

Man, even I know that, and I'm in America! :tease:

Well, I've seen all those Doctor Who torrents in UKNova, but I'm afraid that I like it and will have to get them all, and that's a lot...

Nigel Mansell began to race again. That's why he looked sharper than Hill.

I almost pissed in my pants when Jeremy announced "NIGEL MANSELL!"
I hope other F1 legends start coming on the show. They can actually show the Stig how the lap is supposed to be done.

given that the stig KNEW that the Liana can pull off a 1:44 (plus change) lap....

i think he should be able to pull off a similar time.

its not really cutting the lines unless 3 or more wheels are fully off the tarmac.

BlaRo said:

I thought it was a police box, not a phone booth. :p

Back then phones were used mostly (entirely) for calling the police, I guess?

BlaRo said:

OFFTOPIC: Speaking of Dr. Who, I remembered Dr. Woo, a regular poster here. Where is he?

from time to time he makes a post

i guess it's the same story like with all the others, no time

Thing with the early boards, though, is that they weren't exact, and always rounded their times down; you can hear, for example Carol Vorderman (last episode of season 3) ask "how come my time has points after it?", which was after they started putting partial seconds in the times. Thus, the Stig's 1:46 could've been anywhere from 1:46.9 to 1:46 dead.