Nikon D70

brianhn1

Have any of you guys used this digital SLR, Nikon D70? I just ordered one after doing much research. Will also be picking up a 65mm closeup lens (not sure if I should get higher like 80mm), 300mm telephoto lens and will have that included kit lens w/ camera.

I also looked at the Canon 10D (excellent as it had good features), Canon 300D (too flimsy and too much like its 300 dollar 35mm counterpart), and the Nikon D100 (old and D70 performs as good or better).
Of all of the four cameras that I looked at, the 10D and the D70 were very close. I would have gone with the 10D as it is a Canon and has a magnesium case but I thought that it would be nicer to have an as good performing camera in a slightly smaller, lighter form. Also, the Nikon is easier to use (for my mom if she wants to take pictures) and had features from the D100 that I wanted.

I've heard good things about it but I know more 10D owners who are very satisfied btw.

I guess it's up to you, both of them are great cameras so you can't go wrong either way