Nine to air full BBC2 episodes of TopGear

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
From TVtonight-

Channel Nine has secured the BBC edition of Top Gear for its episode next week, which means it will play longer as a 90 minute edition, including ads.

The show is longer than previous editions but not because it is topped up by commercials. Previously both Nine and SBS played the international edition which was shorter.

Nine will also play out the BBC editions for Series 11 which will follow after this episode. If you are a truly die-hard fan then technically there will be some new, unaired content in those eps. Fans for a long time have been asking for the full episodes in Australia.

Wait....Nien doing something WE WANT?
What has this world come to? Unfortunately they'll still rape it with ads.

Yay, but still replaced music sadly (I assume, unless they are somehow paying off the music rights holders). Still, awesome to see non-edited!

We already have the full series 11 episodes with original music (I know this is for the general public who don't know how to "acquire" the eps like we do). What I would like is for them to show full episodes from series's 1-3. I've been watching TG religiously for 4 years and I have yet to any of this "greatest car in the world" segments from series 2. :(

Wait....Nien doing something WE WANT?
What has this world come to? Unfortunately they'll still rape it with ads.

Yes, in the 90 minute time-slot they are giving it there would have to be one minute of ads for every two minutes of programme.

Yay, but still replaced music sadly (I assume, unless they are somehow paying off the music rights holders). Still, awesome to see non-edited!

Even the versions with changed music that are shown on other BBC channels are edited down, so I would have to assume that if they are getting the BBC2-length episodes, then they are getting them completely intact. Considering how much Nine is rumoured to have payed to poach TopGear from SBS, I imagine the cost of the music rights would be small change by comparison.

Even the versions with changed music that are shown on other BBC channels are edited down, so I would have to assume that if they are getting the BBC2-length episodes, then they are getting them completely intact.

The BBC does make full-length, unedited for content versions of Series 7, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 14 available for sale on the US iTunes Music Store, but they do not have the complete original soundtrack as broadcast on BBC2/BBC HD. Where the BBC does not have international broadcast rights for songs, they are changed to something generic.

I am going to hazard a guess this is what Nine has secured and will broadcast.

Does anybody know if any music was changed for the international version of series 14, episode 7? Because we could use that to check on tuesday.

About time! Nine were flooded with complaints from fans for mutilating the show when they first got it. Hard to believe they actually took our complaints on board!

They took those complaints on board immediately. They only mutilated one episode. What they are doing now is getting full episodes, longer than the ones that SBS were showing.

Nine are bloody pathetic.I flicked over a couple of times to TG while I was watching NCIS and Nein managed to fit 2 sets of ad breaks into the awards segment.In real time the awards segment would've gone less than 10 minutes,but Nein dragged it out for closer to 20 minutes.

TG,you sold your soul to the devil when you sold the rights to Nein.

Earlier episodes, yes. They resorted to cutting out the smaller 5-10 minute segments which usualy air just after the SIARPC. I'm guessing since in later series as there were much longer segments, the only segment they could really cut was the news. Guess it didn't really matter to international markets anyway...

If anyone watched the tail end of tonight's repeat of 13x01, you would've seen a preview of series 15, that not only has clips of stuff that's already been shown on the BBC, but also stuff that hasn't been aired yet in eps 5 and 6.

I'm confused.

Montage of the new series, that is all it is. Films have already been shot, it's only the in-studio stuff that hasn't been done.

i saw that too... i hope they air them in order, and no cuts. the ads are frustrating enough

Montage of the new series, that is all it is. Films have already been shot, it's only the in-studio stuff that hasn't been done.

I know that, but...I wasn't expecting that. You know, letting Aussies a peak into Ayrton Senna's car and the Brit Cabrio challenge before the UK. It just seems odd really.