Nine to air full BBC2 episodes of TopGear

I'd go with TV Tonight's article. They are usually right on the money.

The foxtel guide also suggests it is the new series they are airing tomorrow:

Clarkson, Hammond and May test the Aston Martin Rapide, the Porsche Panamera Turbo and the Maserati Quattroporte as they attempt to find the world's greatest four-seat supercar. Guest stars Rubens Barrichello.

That is also what yourtv.com.au and the ninemsn website are indicating.

[edit] ... and they were correct .... as a humble citizen, I think Top Gear is better on nein than it was on SBS. Long live Milton Friedman and down with Che Guevara.

Last edited:
And now apparently Nine have now changed their mind... :yay:

Clarkson, Hammond and May attempt to build cool and interesting motor homes before setting off for a long weekend to see how each of their creations performs in the real world. Meanwhile, the new Audi R8 V10 Spyder is tested against the latest version of Porsche?s enduring 911 Turbo cabriolet. Guest stars Andy Garcia.

Tuesday Aug 17
7:30pm Top Gear (new) S15E4
9:00pm Top Gear: Botswana special
10:10pm 20 to 1 rpt
11:10pm How to Have Sex After Marriage rpt
12:05am Balls of Steel rpt
12:45pm ET

TV Tonight

That's good. Let's hope they don't mess it up anymore, now that they are rolling it with new episodes and lots of people will be tuning into them.

the aids ads that channel 9 squeeze in don't work, and piss me off... i guess the rest of australia dosn't know different

This is new territory for Nine. They are used to dealing with American shows where each season lasts for about 24-26 episodes. They don't know what to do with a British programme that only gives them 6 new episodes in a row. So they are trying to spread it out because they know that Nine/Seven/Ten audiences are used to hearing "new series" or "new episodes" and thinking that they are getting a new season that will run for the next six months.

bit of a bump - i think channel nine have skipped to S16E03 from S16E01

^ sort of makes sense .... that was also the "Mexican" ep

Last edited:
Nine are pushing TG back to 8.30pm on tuesdays because it's bombing in the ratings.
So there's a great move,push it back so it's up against the 2 highest rating shows [NCIS & Patrick Rafters] of the night.

SBS must be laughing at Nine.Nine pissed away millions to get this show and it's rating way less than it did on SBS.

^ You prompted me to look at the recent ratings. They are pretty poor:

Date (National Audience)
feb 22 - 709,000
feb 15 - 792,000
feb 08 - 939,000
feb 01 - 636,000
jan 25 - 629,000
jan 18 - 656,000
jan 11 - 630,000
jan 04 - 672,000
dec 28 - 701,000

When you consider Top Gear Australia had an average audience of 579,000 for the first 2 seasons on SBS, these figures are a disaster. :lol:

It was actually improving. The third episode didn't get many viewers, but was the best one they did. Elton admitted that they'd screwed up the first episode by being to smutty. The less puerile they were, the better the show got. I think it could have eventually become quite good. Thats the problem with TV these days... if you don't have instant success, you get canned before you have the chance to get the formula right.

Last edited:
I think really what killed the show moreso than the content was the fact that it was so heavily promoted, so people would expect it to be gold that shits gold.
If it had been less promoted, I think it'd still be on.

But this is just theory really.

^ sort of makes sense .... that was also the "Mexican" ep

More like they've already shown their own take on the Ashes, so they don't see a need to air the UK point of view, I'm thinking.

Gotcha. ;)