Nintendo 2DS

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
But, why?

I have no idea why people would buy this, it ain't exactly portable. My 3DS turns into a 2DS. :|

600x-1

It retails for $129.99 ($40 cheaper than the standard 3DS model)

Last edited:
I might have bought it if it were the normal form factor.

It's cheap and launches with Pok?mon, so it will be a good option for parents buying for their kids. Which is probably the majority of their market.

The 3D is really the defining feature of the 3DS for me though, I was skeptical going in but it won me over.

It appears to be just another variant and depending on how your eyes react to the 3D this is likely the option the parents will choose. Using my 3DS XL I can only tolerate the 3D for perhaps 30 minutes before my eyes tire, its neat for say the cut scenes in Fire Emblem but I couldn't tolerate it long enough. I still think the one to buy is the 3DS XL, the larger screens and the rather strong battery life more than make up for its cost. That said its good Nintendo do offer this choice. The only recent console they've made that I don't understand its purpose is the Wii mini because it lacks most of the good features of the standard Wii and is only a Wii game player.

But...screen scratching! What the heck is the point in making it not foldable? It looks like one of those stupid Leap Frog kids' handhelds. Why would they remove the most important feature that makes a portable handheld portable?

To make it cheaper.

It's like a budget handheld, you make some trade-offs to get it cheaper. Plus, it's probably more durable, besides scratches.

It's one big screen with a plastic mask rather than 2 screens. But still a used 3DS is cheaper.

And a refurbished direct from Nintendo 3DS is the same price, with the XL being $169.

They should have made it one screen, with buttons on the side, and call it the Gameboy tablet or whatever.

It's marketed towards children <7, where the 3D screen is harmful to their eyes. And I presume it'll be played being laid on a table or on the floor.

Its not hard for them to have parental controls for the 3ds that disables 3d.

I told a few people at work, they either said is that a joke? Or just buy a 3ds.

They arrived at work today, so I ripped a box open to check it out. :|
It's weird, definitely not pocketable and the screens seem to be easily damaged. You'll definitely need a case. Holding it takes a while to get used to, the shoulder buttons are a decent size, better than the 3DS. But because it's square shaped, its not intuitive to hold.

Overall, I still don't quite get it. I reminds me of something Tiger Electronics woulda made.

How dare you! You're the one that took the virginity of my unboxing!

I have to unbox stuff for customers all the time. You wouldn't believe the amount of microwaves people wanna see out of the box. <_<

Do you not have shelves of demo gadgets and appliances?