Nintendo officially confirms Wii replacement

Dolphin is ok if you have a lot of horsepower to throw behind it. You need a minimum level of graphics but my 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo (E7300) can just barely keep up with some games, chokes on others. Unless there have been major improvements in the last few months.

It seems odd to me that so many emulators struggle even with very old consoles. I haven't found a way to get even Nestopia (NES emulator) to work smoothly enough on my net-top Atom/Ion HTPC, but I can run it reasonably well-enough on my netbook (still an occasional flicker).

My Sega Nomad (which I still have) would like a longer, thicker, harder word.

Ha! At least the Nomad wasn't designed from the ground up to be a portable machine, unlike the GameGear and it's amazing 12 minutes of battery life. :p

It seems odd to me that so many emulators struggle even with very old consoles. I haven't found a way to get even Nestopia (NES emulator) to work smoothly enough on my net-top Atom/Ion HTPC, but I can run it reasonably well-enough on my netbook (still an occasional flicker).

Use another emulator, I've had NES running smoothly on everything from my Old Pentium II laptop to my Samsung Blackjack smartphone. I think it was RockNES that I used on the old laptop. The original NES hardware is so weak that there's no excuse for performance issues on a modern machine.

Use another emulator, I've had NES running smoothly on everything from my Old Pentium II laptop to my Samsung Blackjack smartphone. I think it was RockNES that I used on the old laptop. The original NES hardware is so weak that there's no excuse for performance issues on a modern machine.

I use Nester. I've never had any problems with it.