Nissan claims electric car test was 'rigged'; has 'evidence'

We already have the ability to make crude oil from algae. Problem is, economics of scale come to bite us in the ass again.

The BBC isn't just some broadcaster like ITV of Sky. It's the BBC, and the fact is that TopGear's behaviour is reducing the credibility of the BBC.

Sounds like Robert's nipple nuts need adjustment. Anyone want to ask him who paid for his trip to Portugal to review the Leaf on Fifth Gear? And why Portugal in the first place?
The press launch of the Leaf was in Portugal. Thus every automotive journalist in Europe who wanted to cover the launch of the Leaf had to go to Portugal. This is not strange, basically any car launch in Europe is done in warm south european countries with smooth tarmac, Portugal and Spain are favourites and attract significantly more launches than any other countries. Portugal also happens to have a national EV charging network.

If I were Nissan I'd keep this quiet - the negative publicity caused by more people learning that their driving is being spied on would overhaul the positive publicity of proving Top Gear fixed to run out.
It's Nissan's car. Thus they can do whatever they want with it, it's theirs. The BBC is just borrowing it. And it's only natural for a press car to come with all features enabled, one of which is Carwings. Carwings is a service that the consumers who eventually buy this car may sign up for if they want to. It's not enabled by default.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/YouPlus/carwings.html

Sorry to grave dig this thread a little, but we have a Nissan Leaf though our business and it's great, however I want to explain why:

We're based in Newcastle, which, along with London, is a trial area for electric cars in the UK - thus we have a fantastic charging infrastructure.

15 rapid chargers are being installed and these are what we use every day, they charge the car in 20 minutes.

That's right, 20minutes.

And... it's free - along with 1200 slow chargers being installed all over the region with free parking.

We have done 1000 miles in the first 8 days of having the car (including a trip to Edinburgh via the fast charge network) and I can say this car works, at least within the north east network.

The cost of the car is ?99/week including the free electricity charging, and the ?99 can be reclaimed via a tax incentive. So the car works out almost free, this is a rental scheme but works out far cheaper than our old BMW.

I honestly can't believe what a great deal we have got with this car and we're looking to get another one.

Do I want the rest of you buying them? No I bloody don't, we want all the free parking and fast chargers to ourselves, if you all get these cars they will no doubt start charging us ?2+ to fill the car!
Sweet! That last line is like with diesel, we don't want the americans to start using that on a bigger scale, it'll drive the price up for us.

For all who wants to pretend like they've just bought a Nissan Leaf, visit this website
http://www.nissanleafwelcomepackuk.com

Last edited:
The BBC isn't just some broadcaster like ITV of Sky. It's the BBC, and the fact is that TopGear's behaviour is reducing the credibility of the BBC.[/url]

And "Young, dumb and living off mum" doesn't?