Nissan GT-R V-Spec heading for Germany......Pricing announced, Nissan lost mind

Wasn't the entire point of the GT-R that it could beat a 911 Turbo around the 'Ring for almost half the cost? Why have they gone and ruined that now?

They haven't ruined it. Only 45 for all of the EU means you'd probably never get the chance to buy one even if you wanted to, even at that ridiculous price. The base model gives 95% of the performance for 55% of the price (or thereabouts). The Spec-V is for collectors, not enthusiasts. Ignore it. ;)

Like I said, even the Spec-V is less than half the price of the LF-A, probably just as fast, and Lexus expects to make a loss on those!

Mm. "Collectors". That's a generous term. :lol:

I like how you can buy a C 63 AMG AND an M3 for that kind of cash...

Mm. "Collectors". That's a generous term. :lol:

I know. But "value for money" has never been a criteria for collectors. Apparently someone paid over a quarter of million for a Canadian stamp. A 12 pence stamp. :)

The R34 Z-tune was apparently $170,000 when released nearly 20 years ago.

Sorry but getting an R34 and investing a ton of money in it is plain stupid,why not take a standard GT-R which is cheaper that the V-Spec and with the money you saved put in a racing chip tweak the turbos a bit and get around 700BHP that the chassis can actually handle,cause if you take the Skyline R34 GT-R and mod it till you get 700BHP,it is gonna overstear and understear like a dog,I know the R34 is a good car,actually a great car but not as good as the GT-R and then again you say the R34 is better looking,come on,it would be like trying to choose between Michal Schumacher and Ralph Schumacher,which is better looking.
I don't see the point you are making. R35 can't handle 700BHP it's DSG is not designed for that power, I am not talking about a car that would be used for insane Wangan racing or track. I'm talking about a car I would rather spend my money on. I will take a 500HP R34 over 1quadrillion HP R35 because ITS A BETTER LOOKING CAR WITH A PROPER MANUAL, which is all that matters to me when it comes to a toy like the GT-R.

Ironic that Porsche and Nissan have had a spate of arguments recently as they are both absolutely TAKING THE PISS with these new special editions.

Both double the price of the respective donor cars for eff-all difference. Still if they can sell them (and they obviously can) why not I guess!!

The rich Germans who are rich and actually want to buy the GTR V Spec prob wont care much about the price and buy it anyway. Somehow I don't think Nissan expected Germany to be a key market for the car anyway, hence not giving a crap about pricing it that high.

The rich Germans who are rich and actually want to buy the GTR V Spec prob wont care much about the price and buy it anyway.

Dont you open your mouth a little bit too wide on this Text?

Germany is full of workless people, we faced the financiall crisis hard and not everyone has much money, and if the Germans want to spend a big amount of money on a car, we buy Audi R8's, Porsche 911, big ugly BMW SUV's and Q7's.

Nissan over here is nothing more like...
NISSAN-Sunny-Traveller-2-0-dLX--1996-2000-.jpg

pic-41092.jpeg

nissan_micra_C_C_pink.jpg

There was never sold offically a Skyline over here, so no-one, except the ricerkiddies and showoffguys knows it.

Dont you open your mouth a little bit too wide on this Text?

Germany is full of workless people, we faced the financiall crisis hard and not everyone has much money, and if the Germans want to spend a big amount of money on a car, we buy Audi R8's, Porsche 911, big ugly BMW SUV's and Q7's.

Didnt put my foot in my mouth at all, I'm saying only the wealthy germans who have an interest in the V Spec will probably buy it regardless, this car is definitely out of the price and interest range for most other common, working germans.

And like you pointed out most Germans will probably be loyal to their home brands or fellow european superperformance cars anyway.

Nissan probably recognizes Germany as a real niche market, unlike the US, or Asia and thus prices the car there however they want, because they know the few ppl actually seriously interested in purchasing the car will do it regardless of the quoted price.

Thanks, I forgot what year it was. Happens a lot these days. :?

Nissan probably recognizes Germany as a real niche market, unlike the US, or Asia and thus prices the car there however they want, because they know the few ppl actually seriously interested in purchasing the car will do it regardless of the quoted price.

It's a niche car for sure, and the few destined for Germany will probably be bought by Porsche ;) .

But the pricing is in line with most other markets and the added cost can mostly be accounted for with the cost for the upgrades even though it isn't reflected in the extra performance.

Last edited:
I mean who cares. No one complains when other companies release special editions. Of course modding it yourself will be cheaper, when has it ever been the case that wasnt true.

I feel these limited run anythings are just for collectors who think that in 30 years the car might be worth something, because sure as shit, your supercars these days are made in volumes that are too high to have any rarity in the next few decades. They are all too well taken care of because car collecting has jumped the shark just like baseball cards and comic books.

I love it how i can be away from this forum for months and always come back to find people fighting about the new GTR!
When there is so much passion coming from both sides, you can't deny that this car is something special regardless of price and performance figures.

Whether you love or hate the GTR, what other car inspires so much emotion?

I thought it was already out? I was at the premiere of the 370z roadster and the really really nice and respectable man from Nissan said, "As you all know, every kilo shed on a sportscar these days costs about 1000 euros, the V Spec is 60kg lighter, so it costs 60,000 euros more..."

I couldnt laugh because I was working for them, but I felt for the poor Swiss potential customers and especially one poor soul who put down an order immediately.

Wow... that's a bloody expensive Nissan.

Yeah... given that money, I wouldn't buy a Nissan. I don't know what I'd buy. Maybe I'd just hold onto the money and test drive all the cars I could buy with it and never actually buy one. Just... have the money too. That way I wouldn't have to many any hard decisions, haha.