Nissan Murano Engine Seized At 15K!

OH geez, let's all gang up on the girl who didn't change the oil! I understand it's not GOOD for the car but, should it DESTROY the car? I have a VW GLI and the "MANUAL" recommends the oil changes every 10k miles after the 1st initial change at 5k. We had a Toyota Tacoma that had oil changes twice in 5 years, and has not had ONE SINGLE ISSUE. I guess I would be blaming myself, if this had only happened to me. As I said, this same issue has happened repeatedly to others that have had more than 1 oil change in 15k miles, so obviously it is a problem with Nissan.
YES! LET'S PLAY THE GENDER CARD INSTEAD OF TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR OWN ACTIONS! IT'S OBVIOUSLY THE BIG EVIL CORPORATIONS WHO ARE CONSPIRING AGAINST US INNOCENT HARDWORKING FOLK! :roll:

Still, on another note...I'm rather embarrassed to admit that my family forgot to replace the oil in our former Xterra for 10k miles. :blush: After draining the sludge from the pan at our local dealership, however, it ran perfectly fine afterwards (...until I crashed it into a highway bridge pole).

Yeah, I suck. (But at least we never made a big stink about it.)

:unsure:

Last edited:
Still, on another note...I'm rather embarrassed to admit that my family forgot to replace the oil in our former Xterra for 10k miles. :blush: After draining the sludge from the pan at our local dealership, however, it ran perfectly fine afterwards (...until I crashed it into a highway bridge pole).

Yeah, I suck. (But at least we never made a big stink about it.)

:unsure:

Well, you are now!

Whinging bastard. :p

Sarcasm people, sarcasm

Here's the owner's service manual ("Nissan Service And Maintenance Guide") for the Murano:

http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/techpubs/2007/2007_N_SMG.pdf

The *maximum* recommended oil change interval is 7500 miles - and Nissan says that you really should do it every 3750 - but 7500 is as far as you should go between oil changes.

And, oh look, here is the Warranty Information Booklet!

http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/techpubs/2007/2007_N_WIB.pdf

Let's see what it says. Oh, here's something on page 5!

MAINTENANCE AND RECORDS
As a condition of this warranty, you are responsible for properly
using, maintaining and caring for your vehicle as outlined
in your OWNER?S MANUAL and your NISSAN SERVICE
& MAINTENANCE GUIDE, and maintaining copies of all
maintenance records & receipts for review by Nissan. Failure
to do so is likely to result in the denial of warranty coverage.
Evidence of the performance of the required maintenance
should be kept and presented as proof of such maintenance
in connection with related warranty repairs. To assist you in
maintaining appropriate records, the maintenance log located
in your NISSAN SERVICE & MAINTENANCE GUIDE can be
used along with supporting repair invoices, receipts and other
such records.

This lady is an idiot and should be banned from owning a car.

*Insert Women-Prejudiced, Automotive-Related Joke Here*
theycan'tdriveandcan'ttakecareoftheircars

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/01/WomanDriver1.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/01/womandriver_000.jpg

and so forth.....

Last edited:
^ Dammit i was too lazy and the pic worked at first.

woman-driver.jpg

w_drive_9.jpg

w_drive_10.jpg

womandriver1.jpg

women-drivers-8.jpg

woman_driver_bus_crunch.jpg

women_parking.gif

carmess.jpg

vw_woman_driver.jpg

poof.jpg

carsideways.jpg

woman_parking.jpg

parkinsubway.jpg

My personal favourite.
wrx_n_female.jpg

[/THREAD!]

If I remember correctly, the pickup was crashed by a drunken male*, and the Jag part of some sort of advertisement.

[/Pedantism]

*The maid found the guy telling her to be careful as he was going to back it out of the house. The police arrived shortly afterwards.

Last edited:
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/01/womandriver_000.jpg

Danggit, I think those women are from my home state :( judging from the plate. Looks like the CT blue-to-white fade.

Danggit, I think those women are from my home state :( judging from the plate. Looks like the CT blue-to-white fade.

Yup thats a CT plate to me. unless some other state has similar colors. and on the bmw in the background it looks like a NY plate so id say that its right. how do you flip a car like that ??? only a woman could manage that. with a guy thered at least be some fire and twisted metal

how do you flip a car like that ???

That's actually a common problem with the Jersey Barrier (the "wall" on the right of the pic, behind the women). Because of how it's made, if you hit it at the right angle, it doesn't deflect you back into traffic like it's supposed to, it flips your car instead.

Imagine this: Girl is talking on cell/applying makeup/yakking to friend and paying attention to anything but driving. The car drifts towards the barrier, girl panics and freezes (most untrained women do, not at all sure why), car hits the barrier and flips.

Ah, whatever, I just whacked in 'woman driver' in Google and posted anything that took my fancy. :mrgreen:

The mechanic I take my car to rebuilt a Lexus engine last year (don't remember the model, sorry). Said engine had also a problem with sludge, his engine died after 65,000 miles. He never changed the oil, only topped it, and the engine managed to survive for all that mileage and many years. I was very impressed.
Now that's what I call Toyota living up to its legendary reliability!

It seems I am the only one that think 15k miles isn't THAT far to go??? Service intervals of 20,000km (12,000+miles) are common these day

Probably. But then she's driven the car for 3 years as well. Even the cars with 15-20 thousand mile service intervals still require an annual service if the mileage hasn't been done.

why didn't the dealer ring this lady and say her car is due for a key service? Failure to complete this service would void the warranty.

Its technically not their responsibility. Nissan used to SMS me reminding me of my servicing when I serviced my 350Z with them, but after I stopped going there they stopped contacting me. I wonder if the service centre would have bothered to contact me had I not taken my car there in the first place?

I'm really surprised by the fact that Nissan recommends oil changes every 3750miles.
Audis or VWs with longlife service can cover about TEN TIMES that distance before needing any service.
Having to change the oil every 5k miles is a total no go to me.
But anyways: not changing the oil for three years is a total no go as well ;-)

I don't get the fact that she gets so worked up and goes all "well Nissan should pay for that"

3750 miles isn't THAT long, but don't Nissans have service interval indicator thingies that start flashing and beeping as in "please service me"?