Nissan R35 GTR 2008 -video-

[youtube]zEWFlIED2Go[/youtube]

embedded it for you. And be warned, someone will probably come in here and bitch that "there will be no R35 GT-R, the new on is an R36" blah blah blah.

Thanks! Whatever the name, it's going to be a great car.

And be warned, someone will probably come in here and bitch that "there will be no R35 GT-R, the new on is an R36" blah blah blah.

Or the people on here that say "it wont have an R designation idiot it doesn't have an RB engine this time!", even though they don't necessarily have anything to do with each other (see the R30 with the FJ20).

it wont have an R designation idiot it doesn't have an RB engine this time!

hey don't necessarily have anything to do with each other (see the R30 with the FJ20)!!!!!!!11one!!!one1exclamationmark!!!!

:lol:

thats one car i couldn't care less about

"great car", i just hate computer driven traction control

The traction control doesn't fight with you like on a family car, but makes the car handle better.

Surely the whole R3x designation is to do with the skyline brand, which is no longer used in conjunction with this GT-R and was previously bastardised with this wierd Infiniti G35 that was branded skyline in some places

ricers of the world rejoice

I couldn't care less about the GTR, it's been hyped way too much

The traction control doesn't fight with you like on a family car, but makes the car handle better.

i know, but race drivers agree its still a boring traction control system

It's the other way around. Infiniti G35 is a Nissan Skyline. In the States it's sold as Infiniti.

Awesome, when did you drive one?

What? Would you really think it's the same kind of traction control system you get on a Ford Mondeo?

I do not know. If it didn't improve the handling why would they have the TC in the first place?

It's about safety, not handling. TC reigns back the car when you approach the limit of traction, instead of letting the driver push the limits. It's a safety feature, no more, no less. Can it make a fast car easier to drive? Absolutely, it's pretty much imperative for unskilled drivers. However, "easier to drive" and "better handling" are not equivalent things.

It's about safety, not handling. TC reigns back the car when you approach the limit of traction, instead of letting the driver push the limits. It's a safety feature, no more, no less.
However, "easier to drive" and "better handling" are not equivalent things.

Your last sentence is absolutely correct, but the first part of your post isn't necessarily true for ATTESA E-TS Pro style systems, which this GT-R will get a development of. Redistributing power to certain wheels based on prevailing cornering circumstances and grip levels to make the best use of the power and grip available (i.e. driving the left wheels when cornering right, like a tank turning on the spot) isn't about safety and it isn't reigning anything in, it's about getting the car around a corner quicker than would be physically possible with a conventional drive system. And getting around corners quickly is all the GT-R is about.

No, it won't be as thrilling and pure a drive as a simple car with rear drive, a more passive diff and no electronics between you and the controls, and that's what handling is about.

Still a damn Datsun tho.....

As for all the people who rave about the 4wd torque split system on the GTR's (GTiR and others) ever seen (or driven) a R32 corner? hrm? I know they got it sorted in the end, but it isn't that crash hot.....one local person here had to make all sorts of interceptor electronic modules to actually make the thing work so it would have a chance in out cornering a old Suburu Liberty....

While the later 34's where good, they are-not-God. They seem to appear at racetracks like Mallala and then after being blown to the weeds by quite medicore cars in comparason they are never seen again....I think it has more to do with the twit behind the wheel...actually it has ALL to do with the twit behind the wheel but if they where that easy to drive and had as much grip etc as the legend states, then even the dumbest driver could blow everybody to the weeds.....