Nissan Skyline GTR '09

I really like the GT-R for what it is, without all the riceboy/tuner pretensions. It will probably be an excellent car, quick enough to take to the track and have fun, but still just comfortable and refined enough to own everyday.

I think the new GT-R will make a good alternative to a Porsche 911 C4S, the GT-R's amazing AWD system lets you play around with it better.

About the look of it, it may not be the prettiest car, it does look tough and aggressive, and modern. I like it.

I'll never forget the time some Skyline fanboy tried to convince me that is MORE of a muscle car than something like a Mustang or GTO.

Well the Mitsubishi GTO is an overweight POS car that is only good for scrap metal. I mean, the style is great, but shit, how much do you need in a sports car. And VR4?? They should've imported the stuff under the Evo for it.

I reckon he probably means the PONTIAC GTO.......

75k? wasn't one of the main reasons they didn't bring this thing over the FIRST time because no one in their right mind was gunna spend Porsche money (the GT-R was meant to compete w/ the 959 which imo it didnt in any way, shape or form other than being more popular) on something that
A. Wasn't a Porsche
B. Was a Nissan
C. Had nothing really special in the way of real luxury, style, or comfort

I like this new one but 75Gs is a ridiculously stupid price. not like 300k Ferrari stupid...just, retarded. It'd better not go the way old of the old skyline and have an interior to match that ptice tag

Am I the only one who thinks this new GTR looks like a fancy vacuum-cleaner from the front.

The back looks cool, but the front and back don't really go together well.

It has a sort of ...apathy... about it... like it's not really interested in existing :D
The old Skyline wasn't pretty or ellegant, but it had a powerful presence.

The old Skyline wasn't pretty or ellegant, but it had a powerful presence.

They don't really have a "powerful presence" when every second car in the carpark at uni is a skyline with retarded fart cannon exhaust GTR badges glued on the side and more shit dangling from the mirror than i thought it could hold.

Didn't Nissan confirm a long time ago that the engine would be 3.7L twin-turbo V6? Power output was said to be 450hp from what I remember.
It's going to be powered by fairy dust and sugar and spice and everything nice. And it will produce 10,000 horsepower on stock internals (depending on sticker size) with a turbocharger the size of the Jardin de Tuileries that puts out 6.0221415 ? 10^23 newtonpounds of boosts and can run in AWD on the push of a button, but it doesn't need to because it can FLY. And shoot down Mustangs and GTOs (Mitsubishi, Pontiac, Ferrari) with its headlight-mounted lasers that are powered by the corpses of recently deceased babies.

Actually, I just love how it's so expensive so that the wiggers who love to suck on its lugnuts won't be able to afford it in their entire lifetimes. And by the rare, miraculous chance that they sell enough cocaine to high schoolers that they can rake up $75k in a Jim Beam-stained paper bag from behind the blood-stained toilet at the Worcester City Motel, they'll be too old to keep thinking that the Skyline is "madd g4ng5ta y0!1!".

Or, they'll just steal one. Expect lots of pics on WreckedExotics.com soon! thugz 4 lyf3!

Actually, I just love how it's so expensive so that the wiggers who love to suck on its lugnuts won't be able to afford it in their entire lifetimes. And by the rare, miraculous chance that they sell enough cocaine to high schoolers that they can rake up $75k in a Jim Beam-stained paper bag from behind the blood-stained toilet at the Worcester City Motel, they'll be too old to keep thinking that the Skyline is "madd g4ng5ta y0!1!".

This is where I think you're wrong. Enough people bought were willing to spend the $60k-$90k for R33 and R34's from Motorex.

If the car can magically hold it's own on a track against a Z06 it MIGHT sell for the same reason the z06 does, performance per dollar.

Or, they'll just steal one. Expect lots of pics on WreckedExotics.com soon! thugz 4 lyf3!

I foresee 2 days after launch being a record day on Wrecked Exotics :D

ahahah skyline always brings out the hate

They don't really have a "powerful presence" when every second car in the carpark at uni is a skyline with retarded fart cannon exhaust GTR badges glued on the side and more shit dangling from the mirror than i thought it could hold.

Yep.....

ahahah skyline always brings out the hate

And I have a thing that will generate lots of hate from you mate, a Holden VL Commodore Turbo ;)

This is where I think you're wrong. Enough people bought were willing to spend the $60k-$90k for R33 and R34's from Motorex.

If the car can magically hold it's own on a track against a Z06 it MIGHT sell for the same reason the z06 does, performance per dollar.

I foresee 2 days after launch being a record day on Wrecked Exotics :D

A Euro sez 24 hours.

Yep.....

And I have a thing that will generate lots of hate from you mate, a Holden VL Commodore Turbo ;)

nah i like vl's, cause im not one eyed and can see merit where there is some. :D

i rather like Japanese sports cars on the whole, but ive never been a huge Skyline fan. I think its a neat alternative, but like most of the people in this thread im rather sick of hearing about it

my biggest problems are these. Weight, Annoying "ATTESA" (traction control) system that many race car drivers have called boring, and most importantly a lack of overall character, What i mean by this is that if you look past the exterior tweaks to its appearance, you still have a rather poor interior and a car that really doesn't sound like anything special, and if the car wasn't designed to feel special all over, then whats the point of the high price tag?!?

don't get me wrong, im sure their are great sounding skylines somewhere, and i love the old "box skyline" its screaming engine and mini-plymouth roadrunner like body made it something thats always stuck with me, but the new ones are just sort of objects of dominance, sure its faster then most cars around a tight track, and thats great, but whats the point besides that? its just not emotional enough

IT'S FULLY SIK TURBO WILL PROVIDE LEIK 1000HP ON STOCK INTERNALS

and thus is the problem with the skyline

:lmao:

My thought on the GT-R, like all skylines, it does absolutely nothing for me.

Starting to see those headlights more in Japanese cars (updated RX-8). I'm still not used to them, there's something off-putting about them.

Anyway, I love Skylines I'm sure it'll be amazing.

Considering it holds its own against a porshe 911 turbo on track, and as everybody knows the corvettes front wheels dont turn sideways, i wont be surprised if the gt-r smokes the z06 on the track, even 0-60 should be close considering awd and ~500hp output. I for one have been looking to this car for a long time, for me its been between this and the new m3. The new m3 dissapointed me in a big way, lost its edge. So now the question is, 7 speed paddle or 6 speed manual and to wait for the evo version or not. And yes this should be the new king of the bang for the buck, the only bad thing about it is there will be a lot of them driving around.

Considering it holds its own against a porshe 911 turbo on track, and as everybody knows the corvettes front wheels dont turn sideways, i wont be surprised if the gt-r smokes the z06 on the track, even 0-60 should be close considering awd and ~500hp output. I for one have been looking to this car for a long time, for me its been between this and the new m3. The new m3 dissapointed me in a big way, lost its edge. So now the question is, 7 speed paddle or 6 speed manual and to wait for the evo version or not. And yes this should be the new king of the bang for the buck, the only bad thing about it is there will be a lot of them driving around.

Ah yes, of course the Z06 can't handle for shit, it is after all American. But we can disregard the fact that the Z06 is quicker around several tracks than the 997 Turbo, after all it's an American car. It's physically unpossible for any Corvette to be quicker than a 911 Turbo. American vs European?? It's like a baby fighting a mountain lion.