Nissan Versa now the cheapest car in N. America.

What a horrible looking car, I think it's on sale as a Tiida in Germany (what a stupid name :S) for more than a year and I haven't seen it once.

The size and hatchback versatility might make the Fit a bit more popular in cities; the curb weight is pretty close too. You can really tell how different Toyota and Honda are in making their cars, though... driving a Toyota is just something you do because it's necessary, while the same drive in a Honda feels so much more interesting. My parents had an Accord and Camry side-by-side in the garage, and they were miles apart in carsonality.

My Toyota is fun :cry:
I do agree with you though that even though the new Camry is better then it has been, I still tend to fall asleep when I see one. I drove an '07 Civic and didn't like a single thing about it, but totally fell in love with the tC when I test drove it.
If Nissan makes the Versa hatch that cheap or close it it, then they will really sell, but the sedan is so :yucky:

The Note is not sold in the US, not even with another model name. Fit is to Civic as Versa is to Sentra.

But it's bigger than the Mazda2/Fiesta/Jazz/Yaris. I thought it was nearly in the Mazda3/Focus/Civic/Corolla class, it tries to here.

A Tiida/Versa should sell fairly well at $9990, but I'd wonder what you would get for that money. Wind-up windows, manual mirrors, no tachometer, no variable intermittent wipers, no central locking (remote or otherwise) and a cassette deck with two speakers?

I'll bet you can find a new Ford F-150 (2008 model) for less than 10K, now, though. i've been seeing ads on TV where they are selling them for "up to $8,000 off MSRP and then they show you one available for $10,500. I'll bet they'd go below $10k.

Holy crap, pickups are THAT cheap in the States? No wonder they used to sell heaps of the things.

What a horrible looking car, I think it's on sale as a Tiida in Germany (what a stupid name :S) for more than a year and I haven't seen it once.

I've driven that a little bit, it's truly a horrible car.

Nissan Versa! Nissan Versa!

I always think of the Asian dude from Heroes when I hear about the Versa. :D

I'm sure it's a nice car, but it doesn't have the x-factor one would expect of these mini hatches. It should be sorta charming and cutesy, but the Versa looks like a shrunken MPV.

But I'm not surprised... Acura and Nissan are rewriting car history by making some of the ugliest cars in a long while.

Holy crap, pickups are THAT cheap in the States? No wonder they used to sell heaps of the things.

Just saw another ad with $10,000 off MSRP on all 2008 Ford F-150 Pick-ups.

Part of the reason they are going for cheap is because the 2009 is coming (should have already been out but they delayed it because...) and ford is STUFFED with 2008s

Yup, seeing ads for $9,988 Ford F-150s here now, too - and this time they're not the Fleet/work truck models.

I'd rather have a Versa than a F150 :rofl:

Especially since that 10k F150 will be the 200hp v6, 2wd, and regular cab that can't even tow another car. Although I bet if you have 10k cash you could find a dealership and talk them into a 4x4. It's not like they're selling :rofl:

It would suck to be a dealership with tons of 08 Rangers laying around.

My mom has a Versa and it is a very solid car. Only thing wrong was a faulty fuel pump and that was replaced for free. That fuel milage sounds crap though for a small car.

Close. Fuel pressure regulator (P/N 22670-8U70C along with 17342-EM30A o-ring) to cure the problem of long cranks.

It is a great little car, no problems from the engine or tranny, no first production quirks. We mainly see customers that come in for routine maintenance. If I thought it was junk car I would tell everyone, risking my employment. But it isn't.

I've only really heard pretty terrible things about the versa. I believe it to be the type of car that will guarantee people who don't care about cars will continue to never give a damn.

Terrible things? Give me proof, and cite examples not found doing a search on Google. As for the X factor, not everyone cares how they look in a car. The Versa is made commuting and transportation, not for flinging around corners. As an example; gather several people of different heights and weights, and ask them to sit in a Versa. All will agree that the drivers seat is very comfortable, because it was designed that way, it is an everyperson car.

Hmmm...spend 10-12k on a car with a warranty, or something used...it's a no-brainer!

Last edited: