No 56K: BMW S 1000 RR now available for pre-order at $13,800

So for you this is cooler than the bike in the OP? I'm just curious.
:mad: how dare you!!!!!:p

But look at this and tell me that?s not cooler (- not to be confused with "better" or "prettier") than the 4pot above ...
2006-BMW-R1200Se.jpg

:drool:

or this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/61/BMW_HP2_Megamoto.jpg

Last edited:
:mad: how dare you!!!!!:p

That's what I was expecting. :p
In principle I agree, products that do things differently than everyone else always have a "special" vibe to them (i.e. Mazda with the rotaries, Porsche with the RR layout), but that alone isn't enough to make everything automatically "cool", which is what I was getting at with that example. ;)

It's a joke that it costs 14,000$ in the US and 16,0000? aka 22000$ in Germany.

Oh yeah, just noticed that the $ is absolutely worthless now as a foreign currency. But still, come on. Afterall BMW has to export it to the US and thats usually were exchange rates become important.

You forgot the taxes that they have to pay in Germany that we don't charge them in the US.

It's a joke that it costs 14,000$ in the US and 16,0000? aka 22000$ in Germany.

Oh yeah, just noticed that the $ is absolutely worthless now as a foreign currency. But still, come on. Afterall BMW has to export it to the US and thats usually were exchange rates become important.
I made a quick table not too long ago, comparing prices for American and European cars. I found out that all cars are being sold for roughly 25% more plus the exchange rate in Germany. So a car that would be US$ 10,000 in the US would be +25% times 1,35 (exchange rate US$ vs. Euro at the time) = roughly 16,800 Euros in Germany.

The figures jumped all over the place though. While the Corvette sports a massive 81 percent price jump in Germany (88% at the current exchange rate), the Cadillac XLRV actually was cheaper, given you ignore the exchange rate at least. But even the German cars being made in Germany are more expensive here than they are in the US.

Last edited:

Looks much better with symmetrical headlights. (I personally think it looks better with the rhombus-shaped headlights...)

I don't know it somehow looks korean with the rhombus headlights
roadwin_3.jpg

, then again the circular headlights look like the projector headlights people put into their repro fairings.
Web_DE_Scheinwerfer.jpg

I was never a big fan of those.

Arrrr, it's a pirate!

DarkReaper just prooved it, you guys cannot be satisfied.

Just accept that this bike is cool, powerful, beautiful and it will standout in the sea of Hondas.
I love the way it looks. I bet it goes like stink and I want one...

Meh, BMW shouldn't force their asymmetrical design on everything.

And of course are we never satisfied. Everything can always be done better. Especially when the current issue was just brought on by a decision in marketing and doesn't serve to make the bike better in any way.
According to the data sheet it should be the sweetest thing on 2 wheels, BMW really went all out in that regard.
Least weight, and most power by far.

But when you look at it the left side of it looks far better than it's right side. On the left it's italian, on the right it's a TVR Sagaris. It's like Batman's two-face.

The headlights just look plain retarded.

The reason for the headlights is that if they should have to identical headlights on, it would add more weight.

The reason for the headlights is that if they should have to identical headlights on, it would add more weight.

Thanks for that, I have been waiting a year and a bit for someone to say that

WTF? a Terminatoreyed Motorcycle in the News section?

I can't take a bike with a BMW badge on it serious... No matter how good it looks...

And this one looks hideous :blink: