No 56K: Official Pics and Stats of Mercedes, SL65 AMG Black Series

That thing looks great, they should use it as a base for a GT1 car and go racing!

New pics, with some changes. ;) This car has amazing looks to me.

360forgedsl653.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.**/img244/9585/360forgedsl65oo7.jpg
360forgedsl652.jpg

I, for one, LOVE the new headlamp design.

The whole car looks absolutely Marvelous! The wheels, specially, are absolutely fantastic. Totally unlike the usual borefest of rims that come with Mercedes of late.

The car is about as in your face as a car can get, and I LOVE IT. It's about time Mercedes brought back some of their "I'm going to smash your head in" looking cars :).

Fantastic

After thinking about the car a bit, I've come to a conclusion.

-Its great, but it needs 200 more bhp. I mean, it still weighs over 4000 pounds, 660-break wont make it THAT(read: insanely) fast, oh, and they need to fit a straight through exhaust.

Looks much better without the huge rear wing.

I very much dislike the huge, gaping mouth though. It's so uncouth.

Looks much better without the huge rear wing.

I very much dislike the huge, gaping mouth though. It's so uncouth.

With an engine that powerful, i'd rather have as much open radiator space as it will give me, thanks.

It's vulgar, a bit ugly, and expensive, but somehow, I just don't care. Maybe it's because it doesn't have that stupid 7Gtronic slushbox, or because it has a shitload of power. I would love to drive one of these babies!

That thing looks so mean and I actually like the look of the thing, even the rear wing. Call me crazy, but I do.

But that price is outrageous and the thing is way too goddam heavy. Wonder what the reviewers will think about it.

Everyone saying its amazingly heavy. Ok yes it is. But it isn't that much heavier than a GT-R or an M3 (about 100kg) and lighter than all the Limo stuff.

660hp gives about 360hp/tonne. Not too shabby at all.

Why does my heart still want a CLK Black more than this V12 rocketship?

Something about the SL Black doesn't seem right to me, or maybe the scotch I just had is getting to my head.......

Great looking car, apparently really fast in that video too.

Why does my heart still want a CLK Black more than this V12 rocketship?

Something about the SL Black doesn't seem right to me, or maybe the scotch I just had is getting to my head.......

100% agreed. They just need to put the new Wet clutch automatic in the CLK Black and they will have the perfect AMG.

100% agreed. They just need to put the new Wet clutch automatic in the CLK Black and they will have the perfect AMG.

I'd rather have a proper manual gearbox in my CLK Black.

I think my problem with the SL Black is that its still too bloated and aimed at the American market :p The CLK just seems so much hardcore, though I'd say that I still see quiet a few things in it that I'd strip out.