Spoilers: No idea which episode.Need to find a TG tune.

Stevecat

Hi everyone and first post here!

I hoped I may be able to find out the artist/title of a song used on one of the Top Gear Challenges.

You may say "Use the site properly" but bear with me.

I have tried to find which Challenge this piece of music is in.I can't.
I have scanned painstakingly through all youtube Challenges.No joy.
So what I do have is this.....

The tune is played for a good couple of minutes,starting when Hammond and May board a train very quickly.
The tune has,every 8 beats,a male voice sample like used in music by Yello going "Bom bom bom"
Its about 150/160 beats per minute and is of a breakbeat dance style,with congas/bongos playing in the background.
Sounds like the kind of song you'd hear in the pursuit part of a movie.

I originally thought this was from the scene when they were in Japan/Bullet train.Perhaps the Skyline episode.Nope.

I'm now stumped.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Steve:)

a "train" also appears in 04.01 where they race the Aston DB9 against the TGV and the Eurostar... might want to look there as well!

Could also be Veyron vs Plane? In fact hasn't there been a train used in all of those races one way or another?

Thanks chaps! Meant to add that it was (ahem) on Dave last weekend some time.Can't get the TV listings up for Dave for last weekend.Argh!
Gonna be dead pleased when I do find this tune!

Alas....nien....neither of those..

I tried to paint the music as best I could.
Its a corker of a tune.

Will hope someone else susses it.I shall carry on searching.

Thanks for help :)

Last edited:
Upload the tune and I will see if I can name it.

If it was on Dave, doesn't it have different music to the original BBC airings?

If, in regards to the music, it's anything like BBCA can be, sometimes music is changed, but other times it's left in tact.

I have it. They are getting on a train and it is Smoke on the water, Deep Purple.

From the very first episode I ever saw. 05x08

Last edited:
Judy,

Thanks but as said in my original post...

The tune is played for a good couple of minutes,starting when Hammond and May board a train very quickly.
The tune has,every 8 beats,a male voice sample like used in music by Yello going "Bom bom bom"
Its about 150/160 beats per minute and is of a breakbeat dance style,with congas/bongos playing in the background.
Sounds like the kind of song you'd hear in the pursuit part of a movie.

It's a modern dance-type track not a classic rock tune.

All the programmes shown on Dave are merely cut into 4 sections to allow for adverts.Apart from that are identical to what goes out on BBC2,so all music is the same.
Steve

Do you remember at least what country they were in or what car was used?

My guess is that Stevecat's talking about Series 6 Episode 6, the race from Heathrow to Oslo. Where Hammond and May board a PLANE. I guess the song he's thinking of is Nightlife by Amon Tobin.

POP!

I was thinking it might have been a bus. They ran for a bus during the truffle race, but I can't for the life of me remember what the music was like. Or did they run from the airfield to the Eurostar? That would be a train.

Memory like a lace doily, me

OK Ive just checked out Amon Tobin Nightlife and its not that one.
Its just like I describe it in my first post basically.Every 8 beats theres a "Bom bom BOOMMM",it has a very percussive underlay using congas as well as drums.Its the kind of thing youd put in a movie if you wanted to paint the scene of one car being chased down by another.
I was sure it was the truffle one too Amie.Scanned it on youtube and nope.Bugger!

Which was the episode where May got on the wrong train??

Think Im getting somewhere if I know which episode that is.....

Which was the episode where May got on the wrong train??

Vietnam (12x08), perhaps? He booked the wrong train, which they all took.

In Vietnam they got on the wrong train, and in India he was standing in the wrong queue.

In Japan Hammond and May got separated on the train, which split up.

THATS the one,the Japan one.They deffo got seperated.
So,is that the episode with the Skyline in??Hope not as I just watched it and the music isnt in it!