No More INSTANT online car insurance quotes sites?!

cookiebun

Car(s)
a bad one
Just for giggles I wanted to see how much it might cost me to insure a particular luxury car I covet, should I ever win the lottery. I can't find a site that will give me an INSTANT quote. I plug in all the info and then they want my e-mail address so they can SEND me the quotes, or they even INSIST on having my SS# so they can access my credit report. I just want a ball park estimate quote online right now, sheesh. I didn't have this problem 5 years ago when I bought my current car. I can't even get a quote at my actual insurance company, even if I log in. They want me to call an agent. The next time I buy a car I have to call them and get a quote for every car I look at because they don't do it online anymore? That's nuts. They gave me a quote online for a Dodge Viper five years ago.
Any one know of a site that still does real time quotes?
Site on this thread seems promising:
http://forums.finalgear.com/general-automotive/a-quick-auto-insurance-quote-study-so-to-speak-34723/

Works fine with the insurance company of my cars, German one though. Click a load of buttons, get your quote.

I just tried insurance.com, you'll have to enter some email but on the next page they'll tell you your quote.

Last edited:
Darn,
I should have mentioned, I'm in Ohio, the States.

I live in Canada, and a quick Google search found me quite a few sites with instant insurance quotes. I remember using one not so long ago out of curiosity. I'll try and dig it up and see if they'll do quotes for the US.

Edit: Think I found it, try www.kanetix.com It redirects me to the Canadian site, so I'm not sure if the US one does instant quotes, but give it a try anyways.

Last edited:
Use the progressive one. It works well...only have to use email. I made up a name on them and used a different address within my zip code. They only send you one email.

I live in Canada, and a quick Google search found me quite a few sites with instant insurance quotes. I remember using one not so long ago out of curiosity. I'll try and dig it up and see if they'll do quotes for the US.

Edit: Think I found it, try www.kanetix.com It redirects me to the Canadian site, so I'm not sure if the US one does instant quotes, but give it a try anyways.

Nope!.
Typed in all the info, hit the "Get quotes" button and....

"Thank you for using Kanetix.com.

"Your information has been sent to various insurance providers and you will be receiving emails momentarily with auto insurance rates to compare. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Kanetix.com"

Maybe they've gotten tired of people playing on their websites asking for insurance quotes for cars they'll never be able to afford.
Darn. :)
Thanks for the reply.

Nope!.
Typed in all the info, hit the "Get quotes" button and....

"Thank you for using Kanetix.com.

"Your information has been sent to various insurance providers and you will be receiving emails momentarily with auto insurance rates to compare. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Kanetix.com"

Maybe they've gotten tired of people playing on their websites asking for insurance quotes for cars they'll never be able to afford.
Darn. :)
Thanks for the reply.

Ah, too bad. Well, I'll keep looking, but I suspect it's some general rule rather than certain websites not doing this.

Edit: Yeah, it's probably some rule in the US, because I just tried on the Canadian site, and I got instant quotes.

Last edited:
Works fine with the insurance company of my cars, German one though. Click a load of buttons, get your quote.

I just tried insurance.com, you'll have to enter some email but on the next page they'll tell you your quote.

Nope:
"We could not obtain a credit record matching the information you provided.
? This information is necessary to provide you with accurate insurance rates.
? Most insurance companies use this information as a factor in determining price.
? This is standard practice in the insurance industry and should not affect your credit rating.

Please edit your information listed below and then select the 'Get Rates' button to re-submit your information."

They should just assume I have an average credit rating until told otherwise.
No need to see my credit report until I'm actually ready to insure a car. :)
Thanks for the reply.

Well it worked for Mr foo bar of 123 foo bar in 43226 Columbus, OH driving a GT500 a minute before I posted that. Fake email, no SS#, no CC#, no nothing. Quite expensive to insure as well...

Oh yeah, they direct you to different insurance companies. Maybe some just don't do instant quotes, try https://autoinsurance1.progressivedirect.com/LandingPage.aspx?offering=OH - that's what I got redirected to.

Last edited:
They should just assume I have an average horrid credit rating until told otherwise.

FTFY, given the recent economy. Not directed at you personally, but agencies nowadays are more likely to be cautious with anything credit-related.

Well it worked for Mr foo bar of 123 foo bar in 43226 Columbus, OH driving a GT500 a minute before I posted that. Fake email, no SS#, no CC#, no nothing. Quite expensive to insure as well...

Oh yeah, they direct you to different insurance companies. Maybe some just don't do instant quotes, try https://autoinsurance1.progressivedirect.com/LandingPage.aspx?offering=OH - that's what I got redirected to.

I FINALLY got a got a quote from Progressive. Same bogus info, just said my spouse didn't have a license this time and they gave me a quote. They wouldn't do it yesterday. $705 for 6 months,
I think they can see from my ip address that I REALLY am in Ohio and you are not. I'm wondering if Ohio law has changed from 5 years ago and that's why they won't give a quote.

I'm looking at a 2009 Audi A8 L Quattro or, to be even more silly the 2009 Audi A8 L W12 Quattro. All black, fully loaded. $90,000 to $110,000 car. :lol:
Thanks.

I think it sucks they get to look at your credit history so you can get insurance. And they charge you more if it is low/bad. Just another way of keeping the poor painted in a corner.