No series 16 until next year

I never thought of TG as a cure for the post-Christmas blues but now you mention it.....

:+1:

Good Move on the part of the Top Gear team / BBC Management. That time gap should give the TG Crew to create another great Series like the last.

Although, not having a Top Gear Christmas Special will be a shame.

There won't be an x-mas special?

They've never advertised one-ofs as part of a series so there may be something special for Christmas.

Meh, it's not budget reasons. That's bullshit. There are only so many ways you can set fire to a car on the television untill it isn't funny any longer (to me it was never funny anyway).

In b4...oh you're already here ahpadt. :rolleyes:

Well now I won't have to decide between watching Top Gear or studying for finals. I also thought it a bit odd that Top Gear and TGUSA might overlap. Glad to see there will be some specials in between though.

Meh, it's not budget reasons. That's bullshit. There are only so many ways you can set fire to a car on the television untill it isn't funny any longer (to me it was never funny anyway).

I really wonder why you are even in this thread, hell, the entire forum if that's your opinion. :roll:

Bloody hell, we're hard to please aren't we?

We were moaning about the fact that Series 14 was - on the whole - quite poor and collectively, we suggested that quality should win out over quantity. Now we are getting our wish, we're having a cry because the next series will be starting a month or two later than usual. :? If I could be bothered going back through the threads in question, it wouldn't surprise me if those crying the hardest over the Series 16 lead time were some of the same people crying over how poor Series 14 was. :rolleyes:

As far as I'm concerned, the good people of TG can take all the time they want to bring us Series 16. I don't give a shit if Series 16 doesn't start until this time next year. If the quality is up there and we get another Series 7, 10 or 15 out of it, the wait will be well worth it.

I have no doubt TG have more ways of setting fire to cars on TV than you'd think, most of which being amusing. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing TG destroy a couple of cars in a more factual manner. :p

Last edited:
There WILL be a Christmas special. Two, in fact.

I wonder if one of them will be TG UK vs. TG Australia. However, one of them -- according to Andy by way of he-he -- is a road trip.

There WILL be a Christmas special. Two, in fact.

I wonder if one of them will be TG UK vs. TG Australia. However, one of them -- according to Andy by way of he-he -- is a road trip.

This is awesome in my opinion. This sets up a 3 vs 3 super road trip or something like that from China to UK. The guys will take turns driving and this time around, they dont have the camera car to follow and they are only given maps and no GPS. They'll be given wrongly worded translation books too so James May can buy a blond donkey in a bikini.

My bet would be on a good chunk of the production team/emphasis is being transferred to Top Gear USA, which is set to air sometime this fall/early winter.

My bet would be on a good chunk of the production team/emphasis is being transferred to Top Gear USA, which is set to air sometime this fall/early winter.

Some say his calender has two Christmases'...

And that his sleigh can outrun a Bugatti...

All we know is: He's NOT the American Stig..

Oh wait...wait...yes he is. :)

Normally they do a summer season and a winter season. They're still doing a winter season, they're just pushing it back to late winter or very early spring.

Annoying, but not a big deal.

Really? I thought the two show's were made independently of each other. In the same way that Top Gear UK and Top Gear Australia do not share production teams.