No series 16 until next year

Well now I won't have to decide between watching Top Gear or studying for finals. I also thought it a bit odd that Top Gear and TGUSA might overlap. Glad to see there will be some specials in between though.

Could this actually be the reason? Scheduling Top Gear with BBC America so it doesn't interfere with TGUSA? I know with Doctor Who they are down to a two-week delay between British debut and American debut. They should wrap up the new episodes of "Top Gear: The Lost Episodes" (everything before series 8 that never aired on US tv yet) somewhere around the holidays, then a few weeks gap and new Top Gear.

Being an American, I have to *ahem* forage for Top Gear to get it in a timely manner.

I followed Top Gear Australia the first series, did they continue? Is there a 2nd series?

I am not holding my breath for American TG. TV networks are, I fear, too afraid here to criticize a potential advertiser. Ugh.

I followed Top Gear Australia the first series, did they continue? Is there a 2nd series?

There was; yeah. And there'll be a third one at some point, if it's not happened already.

^ We think the 3rd series (of Top Gear Australia) will start airing in late August/early September. It is now on a commercial channel and has 2 new hosts (only Steve Pizatti survives from the first 2 series). The second series was better than the first btw.

They just need to hire some new script-writers.

So Top Gear is back early next year? Well the latest series was excellent and so im looking forward to the next one.

Since they have more time to do the series, maybe we will get a 10 episode series? Just a thought.

And I also here (well read!) that there is two specials. Are these rumors or is actually been officially confirmed by Andy or who-ever?

There are blurbs in the September issue of TG the mag saying TG will be back early next year. Plus, Andy said the same thing to one of the members here at the taping for 15x06 (yes, he also said there'd be two specials).

Since 2008, they've been doing fourteen episodes a year. This year will be an anomaly, obviously, but I don't see them letting up on that. We won't be seeing another ten- or eleven-episode series again, IMO.

Last edited:
I suspect it will be an eight episode run, 'cos Andy said they'd be back mid-Jan and Feb which is six episodes. The two (there better be two after I've been quoting him all over the place!) specials will therefore make the series up to eight total.

Exactly. :nod: It's a reference to the Christmas specials, not Series 16.

Could this actually be the reason? Scheduling Top Gear with BBC America so it doesn't interfere with TGUSA? I know with Doctor Who they are down to a two-week delay between British debut and American debut. They should wrap up the new episodes of "Top Gear: The Lost Episodes" (everything before series 8 that never aired on US tv yet) somewhere around the holidays, then a few weeks gap and new Top Gear.

Series 15 is set to air on BBCA next month.

...the week after Series 5 finishes.

Or maybe it has something to do with the recent events regarding the Stig. Maybe they needed some extra time to find the most over-the-top way of killing him off.

I suspect the recent events had nothing to do with it, and that having Series 16 start at the beginning of 2011 was something decided well in advance.

Later in the year probably means the christmas specials.

The BBC website listed above clearly says "when the new series of Top Gear returns later in the year." Here's hoping it is accurate.

It's not accurate, though. Just like the website made some here believe there were seven episodes in Series 15 (all the while the TG website and the mag always stated there were only six, which was correct).

There will be two Christmas specials later this year, then Series 16 starts early next year. That was directly from Wilman's lips to one of the fans (he-he; she attended the taping of 15x06 and talked to him), and I believe S16 not starting until next year has been mentioned in the Mag.

directly from Wilman's lips to one of the fans

Jeez, I wish it was directly from his lips to mine.... Oops sorry, wrong forum - I'll just be off to Hammond Heaven then!

Isn't there a forum just for Andy?
Wilman Wonderland, or something?