No series 16 until next year

I honestly don't think I can wait this long - we may have to invade southern England and force their hand. And why can't we have more episodes AND quality at the same time? It's called working harder. Besides, it's not like these guys have crap jobs. If I were Clarkson I'd rock up to work each day with a big dumb smile on my face, wondering how the fuck someone with such bad hair could get so lucky...

It's not just about worker harder,I like to see people on here come up with great new ideas after 15 series with just a few weeks before you have to start filming.
I think it's a good idea to spend a little more time between series if it means they have time to think things though before they start filming.

^ that is why I boycotted Top Gear Live this year .... was kind of hoping they'd rock up to an empty Acer Arena, have one of those :idea: moments and figure they should make more Top Gear episodes instead. So much for that plan .. 6 episodes for the whole year :mad: ..... maybe next year I should go with some demonstration placards instead :lol:

My bet would be on a good chunk of the production team/emphasis is being transferred to Top Gear USA, which is set to air sometime this fall/early winter.

I think from the TGUSA trailer they have shot a majority of their out of studio segments. I think it's just a worn out thing. I remember Clarkson talking about how much time he's spent with Hammond and May as oppose to his kids. Plus a January/February season splits the year in two nicely.

Personally, I'm glad. Whatever helps them balance things out and produce at the high level at which they want to work. I'll wait until February for that!

I remember Clarkson talking about how much time he's spent with Hammond and May as oppose to his kids. Plus a January/February season splits the year in two nicely.

Exactly. :nod:

Blame Top Gear Live aka their money milking cow. ;)

Given there are fewer stops on the tour this year than there were last year (three cities on the tour instead of six), I don't think it's that simple.

IMO, they all came to the realization that they couldn't have another year like 2009, which was pretty insane with all the side projects they had going (moreso in regards to James and Richard), meaning they didn't finish filming stuff for S14 on time, there were the November TG Live shows happening as S14 was starting...and the toll it took on them showed in the episodes very much (moreso during S14 than S13, I think). The guys were just worn out from being stretched so thin, and most of S14 was pretty bad overall anyway.

With extra time off between Series 15 and 16, the trio can have a bit of a breather, and they'll have more time to give us fans a quality product.

was kind of hoping they'd rock up to an empty Acer Arena, have one of those :idea: moments and figure they should make more Top Gear episodes instead.

They won't be rocking up to Acer Arena anyway. Sydney's not part of the tour this year.

So much for that plan .. 6 episodes for the whole year :mad:

Would you rather have one solid six-episode series and two specials at the end of the year, or one excellent six-episode series followed by a mostly lacklustre eight-episode one?

I do hope somebody mistyped that, as in that episode where in the final credits they put "MMXX".

IMO, they all came to the realization that they couldn't have another year like 2009, which was pretty insane with all the side projects they had going (moreso in regards to James and Richard), meaning they didn't finish filming stuff for S14 on time, there were the November TG Live shows happening as S14 was starting...and the toll it took on them showed in the episodes very much (moreso during S14 than S13, I think). The guys were just worn out from being stretched so thin, and most of S14 was pretty bad overall anyway.

On top of that, the film and production team had to switch over to an HD workflow and probably work with somewhat different equipment than they were using beforehand. You can tell they were starting to get the hang of it by the time the LF-A review came around at the end of S14, and the technical/filming aspects of S15 was much more consistent.

Was S15 really that excellent?

In my view? I thought it was a welcome return to form, so yes. You may not think so (and from what I've read, you don't), but that's your perogative.

They won't be rocking up to Acer Arena anyway. Sydney's not part of the tour this year.

Oh :unsure: .. maybe my silent protest didn't go unnoticed after all?

Would you rather have one solid six-episode series and two specials at the end of the year, or one excellent six-episode series followed by a mostly lacklustre eight-episode one?

I'd rather have two solid 12-episode series, 2 specials, a 2 disc Clarkson Christmas DVD, 10 episodes of Oz and James getting pissed everywhere, some Lindt chocolate and a six-pack of Chimay Grande Reserve. Thanks. :p

I'm ok with this. Sure it sucks to have to wait but November and December are usually busy months anyway. I would rather have them to look forward to in January and February when things are bleak and depressing. Cheer up those months a bit.

IMO, they all came to the realization that they couldn't have another year like 2009, which was pretty insane with all the side projects they had going (moreso in regards to James and Richard), meaning they didn't finish filming stuff for S14 on time, there were the November TG Live shows happening as S14 was starting...and the toll it took on them showed in the episodes very much (moreso during S14 than S13, I think).
Exactly this. They admitted they were worn out and way behind schedule last year. They don't want to repeat that. Especially if any of the presenters have side projects. They just can't put in the same amount of time and go on tour and film TG all at once without being run ragged. There just isn't enough hours in each week for all that! It's got to be so much better this way. Five months, fitting everything in and still allowing them time to be with family/on holiday, etc. They'll be back bright-eyed and *cough* bushy-haired. *eyes James* :lol:

I think I'm ok with the wait. They are clearly running out of new cars to test and fresh ideas for challenges, some time off might be good for the team.

There WILL be a Christmas special. Two, in fact.

I wonder if one of them will be TG UK vs. TG Australia. However, one of them -- according to Andy by way of he-he -- is a road trip.

Perhaps the "Dawn till Dusk" drive in the new Jaaaggg XJ that didn't make it into Series 15?

Maybe, but I think it's more likely to be in S16.

Personally, I suspect TG UK vs. TG Aus will be the other special.

I'm kinda glad they are taking time off. I have my doubts it will give us better quality series . they're taking time off cuz may and hammond have other shows to film.
I don't have my hopes up. ... plus I need something to watch in the early new year.

Don't let's complain, eh? Everyone hated series 14, which was rushed due to being squeezed in between the presenters' various other commitments.

It's been posted somewhere else that there will be a Christmas special.

I didn't hate it? I thought series 14 was a dramatic improvement over series 12 and 13. I will admit that series 15 was the best since series 11 though.