No series 16 until next year

James has been very explicit on the subject during his radio interviews this week.

He said it's back at the end of January, or maybe early February, actually he can't remember, and there won't be a Christmas special, although they are filming an expedition soon which should be good and maybe that'll be on at Christmas, he doesn't know.

They really ought to give him a list.

Jeez, I wish it was directly from his lips to mine.... Oops sorry, wrong forum - I'll just be off to Hammond Heaven then!

Isn't there a forum just for Andy?
Wilman Wonderland, or something?

I used to think the first site was just a joke here on the forums, then curiosity got me and oh.. my.. dear.. god..
So I'm not ruling out the existence of anything else out there.

James has been very explicit on the subject...actually he can't remember...he doesn't know.

Ok, thanks. :lol:

Here's hoping it's back in 4-8 weeks time. Actually I've read 2 weeks before Christmas in a few places online as well.

James has been very explicit on the subject during his radio interviews this week.

He said it's back at the end of January, or maybe early February, actually he can't remember, and there won't be a Christmas special, although they are filming an expedition soon which should be good and maybe that'll be on at Christmas, he doesn't know.

They really ought to give him a list.

Here's hoping he is wrong about there not being a special at christmas, missing the rest of a series around then would be okay, but it would be such a shame if there wasn't an expedition special.

If they don't do an expedition I'll just watch the Vietnam episode again this Christmas. Best. TV. Ever.

More accurate than James and Andy Wilman?

Wow, that'd be quite a feat.

Probably more accurate than James. He knew he had to do some filming next week, but that's about it.

Looks like December 16th 9:00 PM it is. It is being reported on other websites as well and is very close to the "two weeks before Christmas" that many have stated. It is also inline with what was posted by the BBC itself.

When I started this thread I posted a picture from the September issue of TG mag which said "The new series of Top Gear is on BBC 2 early next year".

Here is a picture from the October issue which came out yesterday:
4960759264_225fa68071_b.jpg

Whether there will be christmas specials or not, the actual series will not be on until 2011.

Thank you! :D

Isn't there a forum just for Andy?
Wilman Wonderland, or something?

You'll be pleased to know that this forum thread is now #1 in Google search results for "Wilman Wonderland".

I'm hearing December. Anyone else in the scene picking up on that vibe?

PolyGram<_<

I wanna mail BBC about this whole thing, instead of speculating that is.

Just feel that if a asked a series of light questions like the length of season 16 etc i could get an answer.

Don't expect air dates to be set this early folks, editing/cutting isn't an easy job - I still feel theres a vague chance in the 16th of December rumor.
Its common for companies to set a "date" like early 2011, that way they wont disappoint the viewers.
But to the bigwigs they'll slip a more accurate date too keep them happy.

But who knows, anyone know fancy the idea of contacting beebs?
Done it before on another subject and got a pleasing answer.

A few things...

* Look at your 2010 calendars. December 16 is a Thursday. TG first-runs* are on Sundays, always have been. Why would the Beeb suddenly, after eight years, change the day that one of their most popular shows airs on?
* On the other hand, two shows from S15 taped at Dunsfold on a Thursday instead of the usual Wednesday before airing. What if December 16 is a tape day?
* X Factor is back and will be in high gear by November/December. Remember how TG S14 was shuffled around the schedule last year? I imagine they'd want to avoid that this time.
* The Mag has been pretty accurate, air-date-wise. If it says "early next year" (and it has twice now), they're likely correct.

* I'm not counting Top Gear of the Pops (Comic Relief) or Top Ground Gear Force (Sport Relief).

Nice calendar shuffling there !

They better avoid the whole X Factor charade, after the lousy World Cup viewings they need to get the "ratings vessel" afloat again.
Pardon the puns, or whatever.

Andy Wilman
Greetings. This is a quick message as we?re busy filming for the Christmas series, and I?ll be back with more about that later, but in the meantime I?d like to deal with a bit of housekeeping.

:D:D:D:D