No series 16 until next year

You're correct. They are sticking with Sunday night I hear now.

Given the November issue of the Mag says Series 16 starts in January, and he-he heard from Andy himself that Series 16 is starting in January, I'm thinking Jeremy is talking about the Christmas special airing in December, not Series 16 proper.

And I still say the Thursday date is a tape date, not an airdate. Why the hell would BBC Two move its biggest show from Sundays to Thursdays after eight years? It makes no sense to me.

I can confirm this. There will be two specials this December and then it will properly return next year.

Don't ask my sources, but they're good. ;)

Makes sense. So they're just shifting the regular episodes from before the specials to after.

Sweeeet! (high-pitch sweet). What a relief to know they'll be back in 6 weeks instead of having to wait till next year.

I can confirm this. There will be two specials this December and then it will properly return next year.

Viper <3 Andy :p

Good to hear though.

Last edited:

Thanks, Viper! :)

Viper <3 Andy :p

Good to hear though.

He can keep his hands off Andy :mad: :lol: But nice to hear that what I've been saying since I talked to AW in July has been confirmed. Thanks Viper!

Does anyone have info on when the Senna movie Jeremy mentioned will be coming out? I heard October release. I believe it was a Japanese production. I'm in Japan right now and could pick it up if it's out on DVD ALREADY HERE.

Does anyone have info on when the Senna movie Jeremy mentioned will be coming out? I heard October release. I believe it was a Japanese production. I'm in Japan right now and could pick it up if it's out on DVD ALREADY HERE.

According to IMDb.com the movie was released on October 8th

Ah, I see it's still in theatres here in Japan. I'll go check it out saturday though I'm assuming the narration will be in Japanese.

I caught the Senna movie in Tokyo today. It's great. Watching in-car footage on the big screen was epic. The sound of the McLaren MP4-4 in full song gave me massive goose bumps. I had no idea how bad he was screwed over by the FIA in 89. It says a lot for his character that he took it and continued in the sport. But we're getting off topic here. Top Gear is back in what... 5 weeks?

I caught the Senna movie in Tokyo today. It's great. Watching in-car footage on the big screen was epic. The sound of the McLaren MP4-4 in full song gave me massive goose bumps. I had no idea how bad he was screwed over by the FIA in 89. It says a lot for his character that he took it and continued in the sport. But we're getting off topic here. Top Gear is back in what... 5 weeks?

I'm pretty jealous of you. Especially since they have been so reserved on any information about the movie at all, let alone release dates. I wonder if they are playing it carefully because of funding issues for a global release?

Meh, it's not budget reasons. That's bullshit. There are only so many ways you can set fire to a car on the television untill it isn't funny any longer (to me it was never funny anyway).

Lets be honest, you shit on every top gear thread known to man. You obviously have no soul or passion. So go back to your little rock where you can sit and be long dreaming about things you do not have and will not have.

The rest of us will enjoy top gear.

I really wish this guy would get banned,he's such a god damn troll.

Lets be honest, you shit on every top gear thread known to man. You obviously have no soul or passion. So go back to your little rock where you can sit and be long dreaming about things you do not have and will not have.

The rest of us will enjoy top gear.

I really wish this guy would get banned,he's such a god damn troll.

And I will with great passion take a steaming dump on you too.

I'm pretty jealous of you. Especially since they have been so reserved on any information about the movie at all, let alone release dates. I wonder if they are playing it carefully because of funding issues for a global release?

No don't be. I enjoyed the Top Gear segment as much as I did the movie. Which is amazing considering it was a small segment vs. a full length feature film. Top Gear had hero's like Hamilton, Hakkinen, and Schumacher testifying to his greatness which carried a lot of weight. The movie didn't play up his greatness as much. Possibly because of Japanese humility. Though there was a eerie foreshadowing clip of Ratzenberger commenting on how Senna drove on the edge. From the day Ratzenberger was killed.
I was disappointed the movie didn't show that clip of Senna stopping his car to check on the other driver who had crashed until after the movie when the credits were rolling. To me that said a lot about him as a person.
After seeing Senna run Prost off the road in the Top Gear bit I thought it was pretty unsportsmanlike like. But after seeing the full backstory in the movie I felt like cheering when it was shown. You could still tell Senna was torn up about it though.
For worldwide release they'll have to do new English subtitles for all the Portuguese clips and interviews. There was a lot of focus on Suzuka but that's to be expected since it was the final race of the season back then so I don't think they'll change that. There are some clips and interviews with Japanese reporters that they might shorten or take out.
It's very much a documentary so it won't be a big box office draw outside of Japan and Brazil but if it does get a theatrical release near you I'd definitely check it out. Again, the sound of that MP4-4 was incredible and frankly makes modern F1 cars sound sterile and a little boring.

By the way, Jeremy repeatedly said at Top Gear Live at Earl's Court in London on Saturday that the series returns in December. I also saw some official Top Gear merchandise saying the same thing. We are therefore now able to update the date on the main page with the correct month. So I suppose what will happen could involve broadcasting the two specials first, and then series sixteen, or perhaps the other way around. Either way, it should hopefully be a very good series of Top Gear and I for one and looking forward to next month.

It is the two specials then the next series, but I couldn't get out of Andy the exact dates. Whether that's because he genuinely doesn't know, or was just keeping schtum to keep the audience filming dates quiet (if they have them for the specials) I dunno.