Non-Internet or Network Capable Blu-Ray Player

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
Where can I find a blu-ray player that is NOT network/wifi/netflix/hulu or any other silly "feature" added onto a player? I have a PC hooked up to tv at all times. I know the easy way out is "just don't use those features." I don't even want them there and it seems rather difficult to find a blu-ray player that is just a player.

That's because a lot of BluRay discs contain net-active applications. Some discs aren't playable if you *don't* have a network connection - those are 'BD-Live' discs.

In pawn shops, from 2006? A PS3?

Not 'just a player' and he said he doesn't want networking even if it is unused. PS3 has networking.

.... Get a Blu-Ray Reader for your PC?

That has a network card too. :p

Not 'just a player' and he said he doesn't want networking even if it is unused. PS3 has networking.

True, but they're so cheap these days I would question if it's worth it to look for an alternative. I was originally thinking of old BD players too that might be kicking around, something from the time when they first started playing 1080p.

True, but they're so cheap these days I would question if it's worth it to look for an alternative. I was originally thinking of old BD players too that might be kicking around, something from the time when they first started playing 1080p.

Some of those might not even have the proper codes to allow full HD playback of the latest discs.

Some of those might not even have the proper codes to allow full HD playback of the latest discs.

Yeah good point. It occurred to me that Aldi sell the most basic machines I can think of at good prices, I don't know if their US stores are the same but they might have a basic player under the Tevion branding. :think:

Yeah good point. It occurred to me that Aldi sell the most basic machines I can think of at good prices, I don't know if their US stores are the same but they might have a basic player under the Tevion branding. :think:

Sadly, they are not. The most technical thing I've seen them sell are Lightning cables under a house brand.

Ok so, do they make network capable units without Hulu and Netflix crap?