Unverified Ownership NooDle’s EV take 2 : The Mullet (Kia EV6)

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Model 3, Cargobike
Super illegal? Why?
I did get a sort of warning when I turned them on saying 'this may not comply with all local laws etc don't sue us if you get a ticket' but I thought this was meant for France where all sort of warnings are banned.... amusingly there is loophole in the law that allows for warnings for "Points of interest" as long as you don't specify it's a speedcamera....
Yeah I think it's mostly the same in Germany... any tools (be it an app on the phone or active radar warning devices) to warn you about speed cameras are VERBOTEN!!!! same loophole might also work, though :p

Oh yeah, it's rather nice that you've kept that market design alive! And it does make sense... we used to have a similar thing for people who heat their homes with electricity (night storage heaters), but I think it was always only used for that and it's not actually all that feasible to get these tariffs anymore. there's now heat pump / EV charging tariffs, but those are usage-based rather than time-based (so the heat pump or charger has a second electricity meter) and only reduce the power grid fees (up to 7ct/kWh), not the base energy cost. Still good, but you end up having to pay for the second meter.

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
Well it's been a while since I've had weird tyre pressure issues, but there's something strange happening (cue Stranger Things 80s synthpop soundtrack)

Got a 'low pressure' warning on the right rear, although 2,2 vs 2,4 for the other tyres didn't really need a warning if you ask me.
So fine, I go to the petrol station (btw why is it so effing expensive nowadays, LPG was off the scale !) to pump up the tyre, and a couple of days later, same thing, same tyre.
So I guess I have a leak or a slow puncture or something, guess I'll visit the tyre shop and they'll fix it.... but THEN.
It kept pressure all of a sudden? I reinflated all tyres to the same pressure, and while the right rear is sometimes 0,1 or 0,2 lower, it rises and drops with the other tyres (going up 0,2-0,3 bar as the tyres heat up/ I drive at speed) and then losing the pressure again as I slow down/the weather cools.

So... yay? Problem fixed itself?
I'm now paranoid and checking the pressures at all times because something feels off...

Last edited:

NooDle

Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
I'm not crazy! Well maybe I am, but I as right about the tyre pressures being off.
Car was booked in to look at a creaky noise anyway, so I asked them to check the right rear, and lo and behold, a big old screw caused the problem. So that's sorted.

Also, amazingly, the creak/rattle/noise was just the door rubbers letting in air.
They can apparently fix this by use of magic technology, as there is some sort of spraycan thay can make the door rubbers more "tacky", which means they hold better together, and let no more air in.

So now, finally, after 4 months and about 15k kms, my car is whisper quiet above 70 kph as it's intented to be

Reactions: Hok

NooDle

Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
And not even 24h later there's an issue. Mainly me being clumsy (actually 100% my fault) but I missed one of those low narrow concrete block things in the parking lot and twatted into it at low speed. Was quite shocked, it wasn't picked up by either the parking sensors or the camera.

So small dent in the plastic bumper, and a crack in the sort of front splitter thingy. Licence plate also kinda damaged. Sadface

IMG_1355.JPG

Insurance company are heroes though, accident occurred at around noon, I submitted it via their app, and 1 hour later they had notified a dealer to repair it, who sent me a text another hour later. I can have them look at it on monday. Will update with more.

Car's fine actually, everything still works, it's just cosmetic damage....

NooDle

Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
First world problem nr 4.247 : I bought a large USB stick to take all my music with me in the car (256 GB) since I'm so bored of Spotify's constant ads. But the car only recognizes the first 8.000 songs (out of roughly 25k). Dang.

NooDle

Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
More faffing around!
Found you can fuck around endlessly with the interior colours. Looks like this

Went with dark purple because it makes me feel like a pimp