Ownership Verified: NooDle’s EV take 2 : The Mullet (Kia EV6)

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)
Kia EV6 "Mullet"
So as some of you may know, I have ordered a new EV to replace the current EV.

It’s a Kia EV6 because it’s prettier than its Hyundai brother, especially on the inside. Big battery, plenty of space, enough power for my use case, and a whole bunch of ACRONYMS as an option. Lovely.

Specs :

30b93078f376168343cfcf71c5ffe21c.jpg

Most important and sad spec : delivery date = 29/9/2022. Sadface.

Last edited:
Looks sharp! I didn't even know that was a car! I'm really loving the electric revolution on here. Now comes the hardest part: waiting for it.

Since when are runways red? Did Kia confuse them with cycle paths? :p

Anyway, nice choice. I would choose it over the Ioniq5, too, for the same reason.

I loved the look of the EV6 as soon as I saw it, looking forward to hearing how you get on with it.

The EVs are taking over. Even here on FG. There must be something in it. I don't like it when other people are smarter.

Seriously: As a guy that has never bought a new car, I have to ask: How do you cope with almost a year of waiting time? Would drive me totally nuts.

Apart from that, that thing is cool. EVs just make so much sense for the daily home-work-home trip. And pretty soon the long-trip range will match and then beat ICE cars...

Well this is the first time Ive had the chance to order a car to spec so it is the first time I’ve had ‘the wait’. No clue how I’ll cope. A workmate ordered his in September, they told him 8 months but he’s already driving it… so we’ll see if it really takes forever.

Also, range wise this car should have 500+ kms, which 400 and change when taking into account weather and highway speeds. I don’t think my bladder could do more than 4 hrs of nonstop driving anyways. And that’s considering the fact my kids will probably have murdered each other far sooner than that. I don’t need more range at all…

Will be interesting to see how this copes with big crosscountry holidays…

Damn, I didn't see the delivery date. I thought the three months for my Tesla last year was painful. Looks like it'll be worth it though.

The EVs are taking over. Even here on FG. There must be something in it. I don't like it when other people are smarter.

Seriously: As a guy that has never bought a new car, I have to ask: How do you cope with almost a year of waiting time? Would drive me totally nuts.

Apart from that, that thing is cool. EVs just make so much sense for the daily home-work-home trip. And pretty soon the long-trip range will match and then beat ICE cars...
Yeah, but it won’t be as exciting to do a full throttle blast in a tunnel or somewhere else that produces just as much echo.

Yeah, but it won’t be as exciting to do a full throttle blast in a tunnel or somewhere else that produces just as much echo.
Think of it this way, you can take a speaker and play any noise you want in the tunnel when the car doesn't produce any itself. :LOL:

Think of it this way, you can take a speaker and play any noise you want in the tunnel when the car doesn't produce any itself. :LOL:

*eye twitch* :p

*eye twitch* :p
I had a folder full of the ice cream van tunes used on the TG police car episode prepared ready to play through the external speaker of my Tesla, which I was never able to. I’m not abandoning that plan, though…

I got to check out both the Ioniq 5 and EV6 at the LA Auto show and I far prefer the driver oriented cockpit of the EV6 while my wife prefers the more 8 bit retro look of the Ioniq 5. Either way good choice and looking forward.

I seriously looked into one when I was getting my Mini... I just like small cars and small cars have small batteries and small batteries have small range :(

That car is seriously sharp looking. It's incredible to think that it's made my the same company that made the Rio5.

Yeah thats absolutely true. It’s one of the reasons I’m getting a pointlessly big car. Other than ‘because I can’ I mean.

You need 70-80 kwh to get any decent range, and that effectively rules out all small cars (perhaps the Kona EV would still qualify as small, but it is borderline, and the battery is only 64 kwh).

If you want a small ish car and a big battery you can’t really. Getting something like an ID3 with the big battery (77kwh) means you have to have a 4 seater car instead of a 5 seater. Thats just a dealbreaker for me…

I don’t know of any other small bespoke EVs? The Stellantis ones (208 or Corsa) don’t count because they’re just petrol cars with batteries stuffed in, and they’re really inefficient as a result (300 kms is a stretch, despite 55 kwh of battery)

The Honda e is cute but its range is crap, and the Mini or BMW i3 are the same

Hope they have fixed the rapidrating problem before you get delivery

Yeah I heard about this but it’s not like I’ll fastcharge it every day. I have a charger at home AND at work so it won’t be a real problem for me.

Even so, the ‘reduced’ charge speed is still 2-3 times faster than my Golf manages now