Nordschleife meet 2009 (29th of August)

18?/day??? What a ripoff...

The place where I usually stay costs 23?/night, it?s 5 minutes away, has a roof, a real bathroom, and includes a very extensive home made breakfast... And the they didn?t even raise the prices for the 24h race weekend.

18?/day??? What a ripoff...

Well thats half right:

It's 12 EUR per day and person, but unfortunately you have to pay both days (saturday and sunday). If you need electricity you have to pay 2 EUR per day and a 3 EUR fee for letting you find the power outlet on your own.

http://www.camping-am-nuerburgring.de/Infos/index.html

So it's 24 EUR for those who arrive on saturday and leave on sunday whithout electricity ...

Yeah, but we can't have a cook out in a hotel.
I thought we would eat at the pistenklause?

And you probably can't have a campfire at D-Fences camping-place.

Just my 2 cents

... if you all decide on staying in a hotel it would be nice if someone could book a room for me as I probably won't be reading the forum for the next weeks ... I'll be back in Germany on the 24th of august

Greetings
Michael

I thought we would eat at the pistenklause?

We do.

Although I am planning on bringing some Dutch beer to the ringmeet, and I don't think most hotels would take kindly to us drinking our own stuff in their lobby.

I vote for camping, too - I don't care on which camping area

I guess I'll pitch a tent and bring my RX-8 to crash an burn on sunday :mrgreen:

Greetings Michael

OK I called. They got room, cost is 7? Tent + 5? Adult + 25c Garbage.

IMPORTANT

I need to book it until the weekend. This means: I need confirmation from all of the guys who definitely will camp.
Deadline: Friday 8pm German time. You are not on the list - book yourself :)

So far on the list:

Adunaphel (with company?)
Swek
D-Fence
homer_jay-simpson
Icebone (+x)
Suedschleife

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll sleep at home, my parents don't live too far from the 'Ring. :)

I'm in for camping too. I don't know yet if I'll be alone. I will let you know until friday.

Good news everyone! I just built my 15 year old tent for the first time in 10 years. And it works. It is craptastic, will probably leak and I have to sleep diagonally inside :D

Yeah, was looking at something like that at a local store. How big are they?

there are ones like coffins and ones bigger than my flat, you can basically choose :)

Had a convo with a friend and the next weekend we're going camping by a river and he said I can get a 2 person folding tent for something like 20-30 euro in a sports shop in town, I'll go check it out tomorrow.

If anyone is interested, I can offer a sofa for the night at my parents house.