Nordschleife Ringmeet Thread

hey, if it?s doable, that?s 50 euros that I would be quite willing to sacrifice... cause although I?ve driven 3 other cars on the ring, they?ve all been minis :rolleyes:

Great idea, but I think they rent the car out well aware of the fact that no one can drive it the whole time without taking breaks, so if you try to sign on 4 drivers onto one car it might be a problem. But it?s definitely worth asking them about it. The other problem is that in most cases you have to be 25 or older in order to rent these ringtools...

They do say that you have to sort out your own insurance - I've emailed them asking for recommendations, just out of curiosity, but if it's like trackday insurance for the UK it wouldn't be much. The 'own insurance' thing makes me think that anyone can drive it if they're covered under the insurance.

They also don't specify that only the person who picks it up can drive it.

KillPanda said:
It would be a nice idea but I have no experience at all when it come to true sport cars, so I don't think beginning by a ring lap would be a wise idea :D

I'm in the same boat; actually. When I posted the idea I was more thinking of one of the 'easy' cars, but I would be up for the 7-replica as long as nobody minded that I drove it really slowly!

not bad, someone?s been doing his homework, sounds pretty good :lol:

I just hope I can come, I haven?t put in anything on the doodle thing yet because anything after may is too close to exams, so whether I come or not is gonna be a pretty spontaneous decision for me... I?ll probably be going from the 10th to the 12th of may though, so if anyone else happens to be in the area you should drop by :D

Take helmets with you, youngsters, so you can get a ride in a passenger seat :p

But seriously, I really want to do it now :) As soon as some day is confirmed, we should put a reservation for it. Give us an update about their insurance reply, teeb.

OK, narrowing the dates down a bit from that doodle thing. And adding what the ring calender says that day.

Most Popular are these two

July 19th (sat) BF Goodrich-Langstreckenmeisterschaft - Lauf 7 (no tourist ring time)
July 20th (sun) Ring open all day.

Then these all got a vote less:
June 29th (sun) DAMC-Oldtimer-Festival @ the grand prix circuit, ring open for tourists
July 5th (sat) BFGoodrich-Langstreckenmeisterschaft - Lauf 6, ring open for us from 18:00 till 19:30
July 26th (sat) DTM :eek: @the grand prix circuit. Ring open all day
July 27th (sun) DTM at the grand prix circuit. Ring open all day.

Damn if I ever get rich, I am so moving close to the ring. The depressing thing is, is that our house is worth more than this one. So moving out there would leave us close to the Ring, with enough money to buy a decent car, and lots of problems about jobs and language. But I'm working on it!

And I think we might be planning to head out there again summer 09. But nothings set at all yet.

July 5th (sat) BFGoodrich-Langstreckenmeisterschaft - Lauf 6, ring open for us from 18:00 till 19:30
July 26th (sat) DTM :eek: @the grand prix circuit. Ring open all day
July 27th (sun) DTM at the grand prix circuit. Ring open all day.

I'm visiting the N?rburgring for over 20 years ... I've seen the golden years of DTM (1989-1994) and I've seen what the DTM has become nowadays ...

Go and visit the Langstreckenmeisterschaft!

You'll get close to the cars and the drivers ... you can walk across the starting grid an have a nice chat with the grid-girls :mrgreen: (the poor girl was freezing in her hot pants on April 12th, 8?C and windy ... my friend even offered her his jacket, but she was more interested in his trousers) ... and you will see al lot of really nice cars ... Carrera GT3 RSR, Dodge Viper, Aston Martin, Vette, Z4, Lamborghini Gallardo and so on ... for 12 EUR! (or 0 EUR if you only visit the Nordschleife)

Personally I don't think DTM can compete with that! And if you are very unlucky you might even meet Ralf Schumacher at a DTM race :lol:

Just my 2 Eurocent :cool:

Micha

I totally 100% agree...

I don?t think there is any racing series that has this much variety as far as the cars are concerned, and you can get so close to all the action for a small fee...

I was there on the 12th as well, it was sooo cold, poor grid-girls :mrgreen:

you gonna be there in one week as well?

Allowed ... yes, there is even one in the IMM 2008 Logo, but welcome?

I've seen two or three BMWs in Roskilde last year (IMM 2007) but I've seen a lot T-Shirts and bumper-stickers like this one "100% brit, no german shit" :cool:

I think it will take a few more years to get the community used to the BMWs ... and I guess there are not as much new-mini drivers willing to spend a weekend in a tent :rolleyes:

Greetings
Michael

Can we decide on a date as soon as possible please? :) I have to make plans at work.

If Langstreckenmeisterschaft is worth a visit, it's then 5/6 or 19/20 of July. First one sounds better because we have the big ring as well, if only for a few hours. But we lose some people. I don't mind the second one, even though the ring is closed on saturday, because I'll be staying there for a few more days anyway.

So people who marked 5/6 as red, how definitive is it? Ice, Luca?

I think you?d be surprised about how many bmw drivers actually prefer sleeping in a tent, although I have to admit that in most cases I?m not one of them...

anyway, I?ve been to a few classic meets where they specifically said that new minis are welcome, only to tell us upon arrival to please park our cars somewhere else :rolleyes:

Some of the classic drivers seem to have turned their hate of the new mini into a religion. I say, if that?s their biggest problem, good for them. I?m pretty much through with big mini meets anyway, be they classic or bmw meets. I like the small meetings of the track-addicts much better :mrgreen:

Can we decide on a date as soon as possible please? :) I have to make plans at work.

If Langstreckenmeisterschaft is worth a visit, it's then 5/6 or 19/20 of July. First one sounds better because we have the big ring as well, if only for a few hours. But we lose some people. I don't mind the second one, even though the ring is closed on saturday, because I'll be staying there for a few more days anyway.

So people who marked 5/6 as red, how definitive is it? Ice, Luca?

Although I?m pretty sure that both dates will be no good for me, I really don?t get why this thing isn?t extended to a whole weekend. I mean I have almost 600km to the ring so I never go for just one day, and I don?t have to drive nearly as far as you or ice... Sleeping at the ring really isn?t that expensive, and it?s worth it even if you only live 100kms away...

Well, last time everyone left, some even before dinner <_<

Since most people live in Germany, they would feel like paying for a hotel is more than driving home and sleeping there. Which, due to laziness, leads to not coming back on the next day at all. So one main meet day should be saturday I guess, if more people stay on sunday - that's just better :)