Nordschleife Ringmeet Thread

I live about an hour away, so I'd be there for one day to save a lot of money. Could take a max. of 3 others with me.
Drive around 5 laps during a full day there.

Will see about the date.

Of course!
How much per night in the Casa de Mitsu? :D That is, If I didn't go by car!

Ok, cool, I'll be keeping that meet in mind. If Jay can come from the other side of the planet, dang it, so can I!! :)
Doing a 1000 km stint in a 1.1l Punto might be an adventure, but I wouldn't do it. ;) It's a tiny city car, RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Doing a 1000 km stint in a 1.1l Punto might be an adventure, but I wouldn't do it. ;) It's a tiny city car, RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

yeah, tell me about it...I'd either borow a car (ma parents drive a Zafira and a Corsa :cry: )
Or a golf 5 from a colleague from work. But she's worried I'd ruin her tires!
Who? Me? nooooo :mrgreen:

The real adventure would be by bike. But, as I said, we'll se what Mr.Wallet has to say about that :D

Where do you live? I'd suggest going through hungary, if we go after July 1st, just going through the country will cost you 35 euro or half that if you go with your bike.

Where do you live? I'd suggest going through hungary, if we go after July 1st, just going through the country will cost you 35 euro or half that if you go with your bike.

Yes, I know...I live near Bjelovar, googlemaps it ;)
The vignete is one of my, actually my only concern when going through Slovenia! If I stay of the highways then I don't need to pay? or did I get that wrong...

Anyhoo, yes, I could go through Hungary into Austria, and meet there!
Do you do that 1000km stint in one day? That's a lot of driving....:|

Last time i did it 11 hours there, 9 hours back (on the way there there were 2 major accidents).

Of course!

Ok, cool, I'll be keeping that meet in mind. If Jay can come from the other side of the planet, dang it, so can I!! :)

I can still try to get out to Germany (wife approval still pending), but the hell if I am going to sleep in a car! And with Icebone, too! :p

Just got back from the ring, and although the weather was somewhere between poor to shitty, it was totally worth it :mrgreen:

Since all our usual sleeping places were full due to the VLN race on saturday, I went looking around for an alternative. I found a place where the night was 25? per person, in a room for 3 people, a proper breakfast included. The people were very nice, and when I decided to stay a second night by myself, I still only had to pay 25?. Best part is it?s only 5 minutes from the ring, and I woke up in the morning to the sound of racing cars thundering through the eifel. They also had a place for us to sit around at the end of the day, with beers for 1.5?. :D

So, here I am in India, will be back on the 26th of April. Date decided so far?

Anyone mind if I pop along? I can't confirm anything yet (obviously mostly date dependent) but would be great to finally put faces to names... ;)
And if finances allow, perhaps I'll come in one of the MR2s... ;) (But Uni budget is killing that at the moment)

if you do that in July, there is a chance I could come by fiesta powa (depending on my schedule).

If it doesn't bother anyone to have a French in the group :-D