Not sure what's going on with my computer. Help?

A7XFan22

Basically, anything that has to do with Apple on my computer is not working properly. It takes about 20 minutes to open iTunes and I can't sync up my iPod.

And I can't uninstall it because whenever I try to, it says something is trying to be installed and I can't uninstall iTunes because of it.

When I check my Norton anti-virus to do a scan, it stops after about a minute and is just stuck there, not moving on. And I can't do anymore back-ups because that doesn't work either (I did do a backup a week ago though). It also takes a good 10-15 minutes to turn on my computer.

Can someone tell me what the hell is going on?

EDIT: Okay, it's not just the Apple programs. The other programs I have are being slow (but not AS slow as Apple). But I haven't had the problem with uninstalling them.

Last edited:
There are a couple of reasons this could be happening:
1) HDD failing - slow response tends to be an indication of hardware problems. Run a physical HDD check, I would suggest using UBCD but the built-in Windows utility should work too.
2) Malware of some sorts - reboot the PC in Safe Mode and run your A/V see if it can come up with anything (or runs any better)
3) Random shit loading up your system for no reason - check what's starting up, you can run mssconfig to see what you have set to start by default. Turn shit off one by one and see if it makes any difference.

This sort of thing happened about a week or so ago, and I managed to somehow get rid of it by getting rid of a bunch of old programs that I don't use anymore. Once I got rid of them, everything ran fine. But now it's doing it again.

I tried running my anti-virus software in Safe Mode like you suggested but it still didn't work.

EDIT: By a week ago I mean a week before I posted this.

Last edited:
Did you do a physical check of the HDD? It really sounds like something is wrong on the hardware level. You could back up your data and do a full reinstall of the system, usually the easiest thing to do.

Try finding another AV software and use it.
. Super Anti Spyware doesn't require an install
There are other free AV programs as well.
When you open your task manager are there any programs that are taking most of the computer's resources? Google search the task name if you do not recognize it.
Backing up and doing a full reinstall is sometimes the easiest course of action like prizrak says. If this doesn't solve the issue then a hardware issue is to blame.

Did you do a physical check of the HDD? It really sounds like something is wrong on the hardware level. You could back up your data and do a full reinstall of the system, usually the easiest thing to do.

This. I would be surprised if damaged hardware were not the cause. Manually save anything you don't have from your latest backup, buy a new drive, restore the data, manually restore stuff you copied, see if it works better.