• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

November 22nd, 2004

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Screw it. Releasing it. I have 100KB/sec up. That's good enough for a Fifth Gear torrent.

sith33 just walked in the door and started seeding. Prepare for uber-fast download speeds. :p

damn that is fast. took less than 10 minutes

damn that is fast. took less than 10 minutes

<10 minutes to download. That is service.

thanks

Renesis said:
I just fell in love with the GTi... 8)
Same here, well not the GTI, but that Gear box. I guess the DSG is as good as they say, cuz i remember in TG, JC tested the Audi TT, with it, and he said it was marvellous as well......plus when Adrian was changing gears there was hardly any jerking visible, pretty smooth.

Someone spoke about Tom Ford, in the past week in one of the post, and then he appears in this episode. :)

Pretty cool episode and thanks VUK and Viper.

Interesting episode. Didn't find it boring at all.

I was very impressed by the DSG. Been hearing a lot of good things about it lately, need to find a TT 3.2 to try it out myself. I don't understand why wouldn't Audi offer it on the S4.

The part I enjoyed the most was the interview with Sir Jackie Stewart. What a man! Focused, straightforward, enthusiastic, and still sharp at this age. A truely legendary driver. I have more respect for him after watching the interview. Lots of interesting things he talked about: the win at Nurburgring, how racing was a seriously dangerous sport back in the days and how drivers no longer race like that nowadays, his terrifying accident, the McLaren F1, the bit about Michael Shoemaker... I felt like a 5-year old again listening to his grandfather's stories.

BTW, am I the only one to notice the return of Tom Ford? Didn't he stop working for FG and started writing for TG? On a side note, I noticed TG's Jason Barlow is now Car's chief editor. What is going on in the British motoring journalism world :?

BTW, am I the only one to notice the return of Tom Ford?

I suppose you didnt read the above post maq :roll:

maq said:
I don't understand why wouldn't Audi offer it on the S4.

Because right now it cannot handle more than 350 Nm of torque. In the upcoming S4 the torque is around 450 Nm...

BTW, what I don't understand about the DSG is that it was initially engineered by Porsche... And first used in the Audi Quattro S1, which had torque in excess of 550 Nm. That's proof enough of its solidity! I therefore don't understand why Porsche doesn't offer it, even as an option, on its GT3 for example.

Tha_bounce said:
BTW, am I the only one to notice the return of Tom Ford?

I suppose you didnt read the above post maq :roll:

Sorry I didn't read your post carefully...

idletask said:
maq said:
I don't understand why wouldn't Audi offer it on the S4.

Because right now it cannot handle more than 350 Nm of torque. In the upcoming S4 the torque is around 450 Nm...

Thanks for the info, didn't know that

Heh, the Multipla best MPV! I quite agree with them... May be "special" stylewise but its passenger cell sure is very, very practical - and it sticks to the road like a good sedan, what else could you ask for :p

maq said:
I was very impressed by the DSG. Been hearing a lot of good things about it lately, need to find a TT 3.2 to try it out myself. I don't understand why wouldn't Audi offer it on the S4.

Because DSG can only be used in transverse engines. S4 uses longitudial (.. sorry if I typoed ;)) mounting, so it can't be used there. The other problem with DSG is that it can't handle enough torque (it's limited to 350Nm atm).

In racing they've been using direct-shift-gearboxes for a long time, but they're apparently a bit different than DSG, and apparently not ready for production car use.

- Yak