November 7th, 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruzz563 said:
Yeah, the previous rips were Divx, this one is the first XviD one...experimental because of better quality.

i wouldn't say better quality...
better compression at the cost of more power required to playback and far less compatibility...still has issues with alot of people/systems...

so it should be released this time tomorrow....
xxx said:
just keep using DivX since we know it works and is not as dodgy

I rather wait a bit and have a good xvid version of the vid... guess another day is not going to kill me... still trying to resist watching the viper clip available for download :D

spiral.gif

[whispers]Go see the Viper[/whispers]
spiral.gif

I rather wait a bit and have a good xvid version of the vid... guess another day is not going to kill me... still trying to resist watching the viper clip available for download

I'd wait for the good version too. The way I see it - its a few days wait for a good copy that will be enjoyed by many, for a long time after this week.

My 5c. :)

Jostyrostelli said:
spiral.gif

[whispers]Go see the Viper[/whispers]
spiral.gif

if anyone talk about the viper's laptime or anything... I will personally hunt you down and kick your ass... some member spoiled the enzo surprised for me on the last weeks ep

i would rather stay with the divx encoding my computer has problems with some xvid videos. I think the quality is great i don't see how much better it can get. if its not broke why fix it

i just saw the viper segment...hehehe...clarkson is funny...excellent review...
without spoiling it for anyone...clarkson points out that the warning stickers in the car suggest that safest place for a child is in the rear seat :lol: , oh, and the viper knows how to write it's name :shock:

:eek:
...there appears to be a copy of this episode on Lokitorrent.

Is this the buggered copy or is someone else there recording it?

regards,
Arawyn

Arawyn said:
:eek:
...there appears to be a copy of this episode on Lokitorrent.

Is this the buggered copy or is someone else there recording it?

regards,
Arawyn
It's a totally different rip by someone not associated with this site.

If the Xvid has any problems with a few number of people you should switch back to Divx. The quality of previous are rips are very satisfactory.

Guys, I may be able to help you out.

I have recorded this episode off the BBC for toying around with Xvid conversion (my capture card normally hardware encodes to MPEG2). I don't have the mpg anymore, but do have a 273 MB Xvid version (FS, 400x340x25).

I have downloaded so many TG and FG, it would be an honour to do something in return.

Give me an FTP or so... I can upload at work (where I'll be in 3 hours) at about 80 kB/s).

Will be released as soon as sith and I are both up in the morning. I'm off to bed now so I don't sleep in all day.

This rip will have a issues in the first 80 seconds of the show when JC is just talking and starting the Land Rover review. Sorry, but Vuk's card is having issues or something. This is the best he could pull off.

He'll be using his old card again until he gets the software issues worked out.

cool... the quality that he got with the old card was pretty good compared to the other rips out there anyways

EDIT: How bad are the first 80 seconds?

andyhui01 said:
EDIT: How bad are the first 80 seconds?
Just a lot of skipping. :|

The "what's gonna happen is fine", but him talking before it cuts to the first review skips a bit a couple times. You don't miss anything important except a little bit of the first part of the Land Rover review. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.