Novitec Ferrari F430 Aerodynamic Program

Blayde

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'06 Honda Civic EXi, '11 Kia Sportage EX
http://www.worldcarfans.com/tuners....rari/novitec-ferrari-f430-aerodynamic-program

Finding the design that matches the vehicle and the optimal aerodynamic function are the two main pretensions for the construction of body parts. The Novitec Rosso aerodynamic program for the Ferrari F430 accomplishes this accordingly. Should the observer's taste decide about the design, then the aerodynamic function is documented through expendable tests in the wind tunnel. These proof tests, usual during the development by the automobile manufacturers, are extremely rare in the automobile tuning branch, although they are essential.

In the wind tunnel of the Research Institute for Motor Vehicles in Stuttgart, the Novitec Rosso F430 Supersport reached its aim perfectly. In this special institution the driving behaviour of the cars can be reproduced at different velocities. The tests of the Novitec Rosso F430 Supersport were performed by a simulated velocity of 140 km/h. Each part of the Novitec Rosso aerodynamic program has been tested, not only single but also in combination to each other, at numerous tryouts.

The lifting effect originated by the rising velocity can be converted into negative lift force through the accurately calculated Novitec Rosso aerodynamic parts, which offers the more optimal driving stability at high velocities. The Novitec Rosso front spoiler brings the front axle to 15.2 kg down force. The Cd (drag coefficient) is reduced to 0.37. The complete aerodynamic package, including front bumper, rear diffuser, side skirts and rear wing, optimises the vehicle to 8.1 kg negative lift at the front axle and 35.3 kg at the rear axle.

The Novitec Rosso aerodynamic offers to the F430 pilots an extra in security and diving fun, especially during fast driving.

7061114.002.mini1L.jpg

7061114.002.mini7L.jpg

They don't say in what speeds those downforces and negative forces are achieved. And those numbers, 15,2kg and 35kg aren't much.
Sure, you can spot the difference in extreme conditions driving 300 km/h but what they are selling is image. The actual performance benefit is minimal.

Cool picture of the car in the wind tunnel.

They don't say in what speeds those downforces and negative forces are achieved. And those numbers, 15,2kg and 35kg aren't much.
Sure, you can spot the difference in extreme conditions driving 300 km/h but what they are selling is image. The actual performance benefit is minimal.

... And I quote from the article:

The tests of the Novitec Rosso F430 Supersport were performed by a simulated velocity of 140 km/h.

:mrgreen:

Novitec Rosso has had an aerodynamic package for the F430 available for ages. Is this anything new, or is it just new testing that's been done?

Confidence is the biggest advantage. Making the car feel stable can gain more time that actual downforce.

Lift is bad period.

Also to quote Enzo himself
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't design engines"

No thanks Novitec.

Those fugly looking bumpers and ricey rear wings just don't work with Ferraris. Go tune those Jap Hondas instead.

Just give me a stock F430 anyday.

This is one of those things that I only believe to be an improvement if they also post the stock Cd and downforces. I can't believe a tuning company is going to get better downforce that Ferrari (who does, afterall, know quite a bit about aerodynamics from F1) unless they are willing to increase the Cd and decrease top speed.
I would believe they got better down force at the rear, though, since Ferrari does try to avoid mounting wings now.

No thanks Novitec.

Those fugly looking bumpers and ricey rear wings just don't work with Ferraris. Go tune those Jap Hondas instead.

Just give me a stock F430 anyday.

You angry today? Novatec is not really that rice. Just making an already unique car more personalized

I think Ferrari opts for design somewhat over downforce. I mean hell, they coulda just made it into an F1 car, but they didn't. ;)

A rear wing on an F430? No thanks, I don't care how functional it is (and I'm not even that much of an F430 fan)

I think Ferrari opts for design somewhat over downforce.

I'd actually say their current designs favour function over form a bit too much.

I can't believe a tuning company is going to get better downforce that Ferrari

Ferrari don't "do" downforce. They bias completely towards mechanical grip. The news article about a wrecked Enzo even mentioned as much; because there's no traditional downforce, once the tyres left the ground just a little, it was all over. There was nothing stopping it.

Those subtle changes in the bodywork improve the look by a looong way for me :)

lol who cares about the downforce it gives....it makes the f430 look soooooo awesome :D

Looks ok, prefer it without the spoiler though

small point though, whats the use of testing it on a rollingroad if its an aerodynamics pack.....?