Now Ewen's saying they're back next year...

Richmondgal

Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
Topgear.com/au said:
Top Gear Oz: we?re back in 2011!
Posted by Top Gear Australia at 10:13 am on Tuesday December 14, 2010

Great news ? as I write this, I?m preparing for our first pre-production meeting for TopGear Australia, Series 4. Anyone close to or involved in media will know how difficult it is to attract and maintain an audience, so it?s really heartening that Nine has again taken up the challenge of making a localised interpretation of this great TV brand.

And for that, I thank you all. Whether you loved Series 3, hated it or felt not much at all, the fact you tuned in has given us another opportunity to take those learnings and do better next time.

Which I know we will. Making television is little different to anything else: the more often you do it, the better you get. Series 3 was, I believe, a significant step over the first two. From story ideas to script to on-screen performance, I know we?ll take another leap with Series 4.

I feel we?re on course to make something comfortably Australian; a show many people can enjoy and feel accurately represents this nation and our car culture. Okay, not every blog respondent on here is as enthusiastic as I am, and that?s fine, but knowing what I know about some of the early plans for 2011 makes me really upbeat about where we?re headed.

And before you ask, I can?t tell you when it will go to air, what night of the week, how many episodes or what time. But you will be watching Shane, Steve and me again, and there will be Australian (and possibly world) firsts.

Yep, that?s a big promise ? but I wouldn?t make it if I didn?t have insight.

http://au.transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2010/12/14/top-gear-oz-were-back-in-2011/

any word on when the last episode from Season 3 will be broadcast?

Or can we expect more Channel 9... um... shenanigans..

I was really digging the new show, especially the hosts, to hear it's coming back makes me very happy.

They should take a full year off and produce the next series properly.

Better to be year late and be absolutely fantastic, than be in time for the new ratings period and be totally undercooked.

As yet there is still not a single TGA episode worthy of retail DVD or iTunes.

I mentioned a week or so back that they will be back after chatting to Ewen @ the V8s. He still doesnt't know about that last EP, they might show it if they repeat the other eps.

That scares me. They still haven't got anyone on their team that can come up with story ideas.

They might as well write...

"Well, we're fresh out of ideas. Anyone?"

^ I was thinking the same thing.

This is all arse about. If they don't have any good ideas why are they even contemplating making the show? To fill in time between the ad breaks?
The only idea I could give them is don't copy Top Gear. Don't copy their stupid crashes, don't copy their designed to fail challenges, don't copy their explosions. Copies are never as good as the original and I cite:
1. Good News Week is not as funny as Have I Got News For You
2. Warwick Todd is not as funny as Dave Podmore
and um ...
3. Warnie is not as good as Parkinson

...don't copy their designed to fail challenges...
This. Please for the love of God, stop doing half-assed challenges... TGUS would benefit from this as well :rolleyes:.

It took TGUK about 10 seasons to become the global phenomenon it is now; all starting from small, car reviewing beginnings. Trying to create that type of history with an Aus version in just a few series, was never going to work.

In short, stop crashing things. Stop letting Shane Warne review cars. Don't try and be Clarkson, Hammond or May. Just make a better show. People may at least watch it then without endlessly comparing it to TGUK.

Bump!

#followfriday future V8 star and all-round good bloke @jack_perkins who's currently watching us film our 1st story of series 4.
From Steve Pizatti's twitter. Looks like they have just started filming then!

Bump!

From Steve Pizatti's twitter. Looks like they have just started filming then!

Good God. They regard just 2 episodes as TGA season 3.

The public praise that Jeremy gave to TGUS (front page of Final Gear) was something never given to TGA.

One. Last. Chance.

Yep, I heard the same ...filming has started for TGA

I think they probably regard the four episodes (three aired, one un-aired) plus the Ashes special as "Series 3".
I think so as well, considering that it was filmed with 2 new presenters.

I really hope that Nein give it a fair go this time. TGUS has shown what's possible if you just make a run of about 8 or 9 episodes without changing the airdates and times every week. This of course will also depend on how many episodes they actually make :|.

I wonder if Ben Elton will be one of the stars in the ute in Series 4? :lol:

Oh yay! I hope they get decent air time this series. I was really liking the three of them in what we got to see. Just watched the first ep of the series the other night to show my friends who love TGUK, but had never seen the Aussie one. I miss them already.

If season 3 was any indication then I really hope they don't bother with a season 4. I quite liked season 2 on SBS. What Channel 9 did was turn it into Top Gear Australia: The Bogan Edition.