Now that series 2 is locked in, what would we like to see in it?

I saw my first Bentley Continental GT in its natural environment on Moss Vale Rd and my first Aston Martin on Jamberoo Mountain Rd.:cool:

I saw my first Bentley Cont. GT at my local leagues club car park. Not quite it's natural environment...perhaps the sin bin for naughty GTs ;)

The first Aston I saw was a DB9 driven through Darling Harbour...there was a green 'P' next to the licence plate :cry:

His daddy's car. :rolleyes:

A few ideas for Series 2

- Having the three of them compete in Targa Tasmania or in Targa West would be interesting. Or if Tweed on Speed actually runs again, then do that.

- WPS Bathurst 12H

- The best of Korea and Malaysia torture test

- (and although no-one agrees with me) Aussie Ute challenge

- (although would never happen) Take their amphibious car across Bass Straight. (Melbourne - Devonport?)

A few ideas for Series 2

- Having the three of them compete in Targa Tasmania or in Targa West would be interesting. Or if Tweed on Speed actually runs again, then do that.

- WPS Bathurst 12H

I'd be expecting them to attempt some form of race. Mind you TGUK didn't do the Silverstone 24Hrs until series 10.

- The best of Korea and Malaysia torture test

Never heard of it. Sounds great! :mrgreen: Does it involve land mines?

- (and although no-one agrees with me) Aussie Ute challenge

Depends on what that entails. On the track might be a bit dull. Utes bush-bashing may be good.

- (although would never happen) Take their amphibious car across Bass Straight. (Melbourne - Devonport?)

That's probably not logistically feasible. Their amphibious car doesn't even have an enclosed cabin to escape the winds...or a keel...or a rudder...or a radio...or a life raft. :lol:

We've had grannies donutting and handbrake parking. I think Steve should teach nannas how to drift.

I would like to see fixed and closer camera shots for the track test, with a camera at the chicane, so we can get to know the track, its all over the place and hard to tell with them mixing it up so much.

With TGUK track we can all tell exactly what each car can do in each turn.

And please blower vac the track i know its australia but we all dont drive on roads that look like its something out the back of dubbo.

well, i dont know alot about Aus, but, i do know one thing and that is you guys LOVE your muscle cars as much as we do (USA) so,i hope that when TG US begins, at some point the teams will meet up and have some sort of event! i would love to see them come to america and do some kinda road trip through Compton leaving Cox behind to be "taken care of"

Their amphibious car doesn't even have an enclosed cabin to escape the winds...or a keel...or a rudder...or a radio...or a life raft. :lol:

you are correct, not safe, well, except for the Helocopters, chase boats, camera boats, health and safety people, protesters, fans in boats ect... so yes, all that stuff missing from thier Car. Keep in mind that the BBC was going to send TGUK across the channel in a pickup truck in 15ft seas! it would be good TV

Cox is the biggest problem for the show for me

I'm not trying to be a hater here, but i just don't care what he has to say, and i find him really awkward in regard to his interaction with the guests.

Other than that, make sure when they review a car they HAVE A POINT. Even if you love the car, top gear should be critical, when you do challengers, point out the pros and cons. Simply, it goes fast, here's some donuts is not acceptable.

I don't necessarily mean a fifth gear style thing, but about of consumer advice would be very nice.

Sadly, I feel the same way. :(

you are correct, not safe, well, except for the Helocopters, chase boats, camera boats, health and safety people, protesters, fans in boats ect... so yes, all that stuff missing from thier Car. Keep in mind that the BBC was going to send TGUK across the channel in a pickup truck in 15ft seas! it would be good TV

Do a lookup on wiki of Bass Strait, the Southern Ocean, and the Sydney to Hobart yacht race. Crossing Bass Strait isn't the same as floating about in a small protected harbour.

Now that series 2 is locked in, what would we like to see in it?

Charlie Cox in handcuffs for anything filmed in the studio. Either that or film it in 3D so you can play along at home by dodging his arm waving.

Charlie Cox in handcuffs for anything filmed in the studio. Either that or film it in 3D so you can play along at home by dodging his arm waving.

I nearly gagged at the start of that sentence..."Charlie Cox in handcuffs..."

I would like

* the situations they put themselves in to be less scripted.
* the challenges they do to be in cars that are worth less than my house and to be funny, not contrived.
* The hosts to all stop waving their hands at the camera with every syllable
* The reviews to have some kind of point to them and to be about the "soul" of the car.
* WWTT to go away, nice idea - didn't work
* The production and set to stay exactly the same (awesome)
* The photography to slow down just a touch to give a better views of the cars.
* Better coverage of the track and for all the cars to be tested on it... not just by the stig
* The reviews... more knowledge, more info . . more meat. Circle work and a grin does not cut it.

Gimme some fun. Gimme some freedom. Gimme something that I sit there at home and think how farking good a car is, let me see the look on the blokes face as he drifts an Audi R8 sideways at 160km/h and lose the feeling that everything that the guys say it written down with notes on how to say it.

Bring the Joy, let the hosts show their passion and knowledge and it will be become contageous not strained.

I would like

* the situations they put themselves in to be less scripted.
* the challenges they do to be in cars that are worth less than my house and to be funny, not contrived.
* The hosts to all stop waving their hands at the camera with every syllable
* The reviews to have some kind of point to them and to be about the "soul" of the car.
* WWTT to go away, nice idea - didn't work
* The production and set to stay exactly the same (awesome)
* The photography to slow down just a touch to give a better views of the cars.
* Better coverage of the track and for all the cars to be tested on it... not just by the stig
* The reviews... more knowledge, more info . . more meat. Circle work and a grin does not cut it.

Gimme some fun. Gimme some freedom. Gimme something that I sit there at home and think how farking good a car is, let me see the look on the blokes face as he drifts an Audi R8 sideways at 160km/h and lose the feeling that everything that the guys say it written down with notes on how to say it.

Bring the Joy, let the hosts show their passion and knowledge and it will be become contageous not strained.

Brilliant ideas, but then it would be better than the UK series.

Definitely the Aussie Ute challenge...

X amount of money to buy a ute and of course decorate said ute (it's all about the decor).

A few challenges... drag, paddock bash, load pull/carry...

maybe a drive to a remote outback pub to have the utes scored by the locals.... for aussie-ness...

Of course they could just enter themselves in an aussie ute roundup.

It wouldn't be TGA without a aussie ute challenge... eventually.

Fred