Now that series 2 is locked in, what would we like to see in it?

:lol: I felt really bad for Steve when he got a motorcycle up the arse. I'm kind of wondering why he just lay there and took it instead of defending himself. He did pretty well in the live show though, and if he was nervous he didn't really show it.

I would like to see in series 2:

1. a new director
2. more outback challenges
3. bigger stars (for the Celebrity Laps)
4. another name for the Celebrity Laps segment (instead of Bog-Standard, maybe Mud-Standard)
5. MUCH less dust on the Test track (for both lap segments)
6. extra cameras on the track to keep the Stig happy
7. PROPER road tests (like in Open Road magazine)
8. CLEAN and ACCEPTABLE 7.30 language - we don't need sexual innuendo (there are little kids watching this program, you know!!!)

I would like to see in series 2:

1. a new director
2. more outback challenges
3. bigger stars (for the Celebrity Laps)
4. another name for the Celebrity Laps segment (instead of Bog-Standard, maybe Mud-Standard)
5. MUCH less dust on the Test track (for both lap segments)
6. extra cameras on the track to keep the Stig happy
7. PROPER road tests (like in Open Road magazine)
8. CLEAN and ACCEPTABLE 7.30 language - we don't need sexual innuendo (there are little kids watching this program, you know!!!)

1. Well we don't have a billion directors that TGUK has. And besides, their camera work was a bit dodgy at the start.
2. Ditto
3. Well where are we gonna get them? And are they gonna be suitable on the show?
4. You can't say shitbox really?
5. If there was dust, I didn't see any
6. More to the point, gettting the positions right
7. They're getting there, just need more practise obviously
8. Well TGUK gets away with sexual innuendo and they have a prime time slot (8pm)

I smell a challenge ;)

Second-hand cars are so cheap that the boys could do a five-city tour. Start with $1k and a second-hander, add $1000 plus whatever they get for the trade-in at each consecutive city. They then have to sell the car at the end and recover whatever cost they can -- hopefully for more than $5k.
Get to see a bit of the country, the bangers will (hopefully) get better as the journey progresses, and we get to see the hosts express a bit of personality in the cars they buy.
Oh, and I get a $1k spotters' fee for thinking of this ...

i want to see hotter women in the crowd. i refuse to believe Britain has hotter women than Australia. It just doesn't make sense.

and i want to see them put a little more effort into the Stig "story line". Clearly the Stig on TG Australia is not the same Stig that hangs out with Clarkson. So they need to stop referring to him as the Stig.

the whole driving style, seating position, hand position on the steering wheel are completely different between the two Stigs. Is it too hard to refer to him as the Ozzie Stig?

i want to see hotter women in the crowd. i refuse to believe Britain has hotter women than Australia.

Having been to a taping of TGA, I can tell you there is talent there. It's just Aussie girls tend to hide up the back. They don't seem as attention whorish as their American, British or Russian counterparts.

In about a week and a half I'll be delving a little into Aussie "Kombi culture". A few friends and I are renting about 4 refurbished Kombis for a few days from a place in Sydney and heading as a convoy down the NSW south coast on a camping holiday! We're going to do the whole 'dress up in the 70s' thing too for sh!ts'n'giggles. I wanted to make a travel video diary however, as I'm driving on own, I have no-one to do any filming while on the road :(

AAANYWAY [back to the topic]...the trip made me think that it would make for an interesting TGA special - An Aussie Kombi road trip. It's quintessentially Aussie (yes, despite Kombis being German :p) with potential for great viewing!

In about a week and a half I'll be delving a little into Aussie "Kombi culture". A few friends and I are renting about 4 refurbished Kombis for a few days from a place in Sydney and heading as a convoy down the NSW south coast on a camping holiday! We're going to do the whole 'dress up in the 70s' thing too for sh!ts'n'giggles. I wanted to make a travel video diary however, as I'm driving on own, I have no-one to do any filming while on the road :(

AAANYWAY [back to the topic]...the trip made me think that it would make for an interesting TGA special - An Aussie Kombi road trip. It's quintessentially Aussie (yes, despite Kombis being German :p) with potential for great viewing!

That's awesome :D You should just mount the camera in the car, TG style. People riding in the other kombis (if they aren't driving) could film outside stuff etc.

Would be cool to see a kombi trip on TGA...Warren hates them but Steve and James like them so we could see both sides of the argument.

Having been to a taping of TGA, I can tell you there is talent there. It's just Aussie girls tend to hide up the back. They don't seem as attention whorish as their American, British or Russian counterparts.

their "whorish" counterparts are PLACED there in the front row by the producers. at least they are in the more recent episodes. hence the "proliferation" of breasts/cleavage/skirts/etc lately.

i suggest the ozzie setup follow suit.

Both of the UK's Stigs have been called "The Stig" without it meaning they are the same entity. Why can't Australia's?

one was black
one was white

they were by no means implied to be the same person.

they also had stig's African cousin.

There was a discussion between Charlie and Steve in the first episode about whether the Australian Stig should be given a more Aussie name, so it is in no way implied that they are the same person.

one was black
one was white

they were by no means implied to be the same person.

they also had stig's African cousin.

And American Stig. And Truck driver Stig. Both fat. Maybe Jezza played them?