Now that we know, who would you rather have won the 2000 election?

Now that we know, who would you rather have won the 2000 election?

• Total voters

airmenair

Thinking back and now that we know exactly what these two men are about, who would you rather of won the 2000 election. Gore or Bush? I thought this might kind of interesting. I'm just leaving two options because they were the only ones with realistic chances of winning.

Then I supported Gore but after all this global warming crap, I think I'd go Bush despite his record....

EDIT: Damn typo in the title

To be honest, this must be the election at the nadir of US Politics, they are both the crappiest of crap - yuck yuck yuck. ...

I voted Bush, I support everything he did up until entering Iraq, I don't think Gore would have handled 9/11 correctly.

The choice has nothing to do with the global warming BS Gore is up to now, which he obviously is into to make a quick buck and become famous, I mean the man ain't stupid!

I voted Bush, I support everything he did up until entering Iraq, I don't think Gore would have handled 9/11 correctly.

The choice has nothing to do with the global warming BS Gore is up to now, which he obviously is into to make a quick buck and become famous, I mean the man ain't stupid!

That makes me think he might have never started on the global warming stuff if he hadn't had the spotlight taken off him. It would be scary to see if he had won office and was also on the global warming issue what he would have done.

That makes me think he might have never started on the global warming stuff if he hadn't had the spotlight taken off him. It would be scary to see if he had won office and was also on the global warming issue what he would have done.

Exactly, when he did not become president he had to do something. Who is gonna remember a Bill Clintons vice president who once ran for office. This activism of him makes me wanna puke, not because of the issue but how he is presenting it. Look at Ed Begley Jr., he is an environmentalist, but he is a man I respect, he is not just preaching, he is actually doing something and he has for 30 years, they should have given him the nobel price!

It's a hard choice because it's the lesser of two evils.....or should I say the lesser of two boneheads.

I am defiantly not a fan of Gore, I hate most of his policies, but I don't think he would have forced the "Patriot" Act through congress and the senate.

I voted for Bush twice and iv done it again. I predicted the second win, and I predict a win in this.

Despite all the hate for Bush he has been a reasonable President in many ways. He set up no child left behind with the help of Ted Kennedy. He gave tried to have an open discussion on Medcaid and reforming it but, the Dems shut him down before they realized what a gift he gave to them. On the topic of the war he followed what the population wanted him to do and continues to pursue a resolution to the civil unrest. He made a gesture of sound judgment with the comprehensive immigration bill but was shut down by both parties who crumbled under a xenophobic public.

History will remember him far better than Clinton when the policy's and changes are measured.

This is like choosing between a retarded stepchild and well, anyone else.

Gore of course.

Benefit of hindsight and all...I honestly have no idea how Gore would have handled 9/11 (plus what followed - Afghanistan, Iraq and so on). I have my doubts.

Having said that, I was for Gore back in 1999 and I'm going to stick with that.

Hey look, my candidate is omitted again!

Harry Browne may be dead, but he'd still make a better president than any of the clowns that were "in contention" the last quarter century, maybe Reagan excepted.

On second thought, we don't "know". We only know what life was like living with Bush as president for the last 8 years.

Pretty much any response most of the people on this forum would give you if you asked them about Gore would include the words "global warming", "Carbon footprint", and MAYBE (if their old enough to remember) "Lock Box". But otherwise we have no idea how it would have turned out.

Still, I wouldn't vote. Or I would write in "Kodus" so for four years when people complained about the president I could say "Don't blame me, I've voted for Kodus!"

/loves incorporating Simpsons references into everyday life.

Ugh.. Bush.

Anything to stop Al Gore and his smug gases.