Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

  • Tee shirts and chocolates

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mini Z remote control car

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brake clock

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    11

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Joined
Feb 17, 2006
Messages
16,933
Location
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
how about orange then, it was the colour of his zonda in Paris.
 

PieceOfTat

Active Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
218
Location
Holland
Car(s)
Seat Cordoba 1.9 TDi Magnus @ 170BHP
Nogger said:
I can't agree on the pink though, it'll prevent him from actually using it...
I got it!!!!

The color of Richard's charger is called Sublime. Why not do the helmet in a black/ green color scheme?

Colorcodes from manufacturers aren't very hard to come by.
 

Loomy

Active Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
149
Location
Bergen, Norway
Car(s)
Ford Cougar
A sublime and black helmet would be brilliant!
 

Nogger

Active Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Messages
341
Location
Stockholm, Sweden
I personally hate really shiny colors... He does ride a motorcycle, so he oughtta have a bunch of helmets. I suggest a base red, "HAMMOND" on one side in white, outlined in black, "HAMSTER" on the other, and then a hamster with shiny teeth on top.
 

British_Rover

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2006
Messages
4,293
Location
Torrington, CT United States
Car(s)
2005 Gr Cherokee, dealer demo
PieceOfTat said:
Nogger said:
I can't agree on the pink though, it'll prevent him from actually using it...
I got it!!!!

The color of Richard's charger is called Sublime. Why not do the helmet in a black/ green color scheme?

Colorcodes from manufacturers aren't very hard to come by.

SubLime Green is a great color.

road70.jpg


39064.jpg


70charger3.jpg
 

cookting

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
27
After reading the Clarkson article this morning, I'd like to suggest we just give the family the cash directly.

It says they just took out a new mortgage on the hosue. With the future of the show in question that's probably stressful. Not that our little collection will solve that, but it would be nice to help the family more directly than a charity donation or flowers & chocolate.

There will likely be some expenses related to the crash that the family will have to pay out of pocket. At the very least things like a babysitter while the Mrs. visits the hospital, etc...
 

Loomy

Active Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
149
Location
Bergen, Norway
Car(s)
Ford Cougar
Should think so. Besides, giving money just seem so charity-ish and doesn't really say "We love you, Hammond!" like a thoughtful gift does.
 

cookting

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
27
Nogger said:
Isn't Hammond a quite wealthy young man by now?

Wealthy people don't need mortgages.

Since he has a mortgage he is by definition in debt and therefore not wealthy.

The BBC doesn't pay like hollywood does. You know how they tease him about doing all those grocery store openings and whatnot. I doubt he does those for fun.
 

coolrgy

New Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
2
He owns several cars, including a 911 Carrera S, so i doubt he is in financial problems. Anyway, he has a exclusive contract with BBC so even if he isn't in any program he gets paid.

Helmet for Hamster, and something for the kinds it is!!!

Regards
Martin
Denmark
 

Mercury

Well-Known Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
2,443
Location
Jerusalem, Israel
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
Definetly the helmet, but we need to add something for the family. The helmet is for sure something he would never forget ;)
 

jeffy777

Forum Addict
Joined
Feb 8, 2005
Messages
6,518
Location
US
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Sienna, crippled people like vans....
Viper007Bond said:
Nogger said:
I strongly suggest we give him a helmet with a decent paintjob + a T-shirt saying "I rolled a rocket car at 300 mph and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".
I personally like those ideas.

And we should probably hurry and get this done. We don't want it to take a month to finally get him something. ;)

Sounds good! :)

British_Rover said:
PieceOfTat said:
Nogger said:
I can't agree on the pink though, it'll prevent him from actually using it...
I got it!!!!

The color of Richard's charger is called Sublime. Why not do the helmet in a black/ green color scheme?

Colorcodes from manufacturers aren't very hard to come by.

SubLime Green is a great color.

road70.jpg

I thought he sold the charger?
 

AZZA

Active Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
309
Location
Northern Ireland
Car(s)
Audi A4 B8
definitely the helmet i think its a great idea and is a great personal touch!, fill it with some toy hamsters and chocolates for the kids!
 

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
5,050
Location
Los Angeles
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
BerzerkerCatSplats doing the design? We gunna see it before it gets put on?

And are we stil sending the card with our messages on it?
 

BerserkerCatSplat

Hormone Induced
Joined
Jun 21, 2005
Messages
9,696
Location
Alberta, Canada
Car(s)
The Jeep of Theseus, Angry Wagon
wooflepoof said:
BerzerkerCatSplats doing the design? We gunna see it before it gets put on?

And are we stil sending the card with our messages on it?

There's nothing saying that other people can't make designs of their own, I just mentioned that I'm working on one tonight. Mine is in no way the "official" design.


bbc.co.uk/topgear/ said:
I utterly love the idea of a Bouquet of pistons, I think it's hilarious. Not sure how practical that is as a gift to keep. Although I reckon Richard would love it. (don't that that as official though, you guys should make up your own minds!)

Y'know, I've got a bunch of spare pistons in my garage that I could make a boquet out of... 8)
 

sschueller

New Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
3
cookting said:
Nogger said:
Isn't Hammond a quite wealthy young man by now?

Wealthy people don't need mortgages.

Since he has a mortgage he is by definition in debt and therefore not wealthy.

The BBC doesn't pay like hollywood does. You know how they tease him about doing all those grocery store openings and whatnot. I doubt he does those for fun.

Mortgages in general have tax benefits so many wealthy people get them for just that reason.

I say get the helmet.
 

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
5,050
Location
Los Angeles
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
BerserkerCatSplat said:
wooflepoof said:
BerzerkerCatSplats doing the design? We gunna see it before it gets put on?

And are we stil sending the card with our messages on it?

There's nothing saying that other people can't make designs of their own, I just mentioned that I'm working on one tonight. Mine is in no way the "official" design.

Oh i was just wondering :)
 

Wintermute

Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
97
Location
San Francisco
I'm still thinking helmet as well. The custom paint job means its a personal message, and the item itself is a proper top gear style jibe about the event in question. $1100 is a pittance in the face of a mortgage, so I believe the concept of "its the thought that counts" should prevail here.

Although I'm surprised that Clarkson made that comment. Considering he was injured on the BBC's clock, I'd figure that they'd be helping cover a considerable amount, if not the entirety of Hammond's hospital expenses.

"Due to the unique way in which the BBC is funded..."
 
Top