Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

• Tee shirts and chocolates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mini Z remote control car

• Brake clock

• Total voters
Wow awsome ideas! I need to donate money though...

I love the hamster helment idea...like everyone else.

With all the money with can spend, we really should buy him a quality helmet - with custom paint if possible. BUT, we need to do it quickly, it wont be the same if we give him the gift when has recovered completely.

ESPNSTI said:
How do we find out Hamster's helmet size?

I was wondering the same thing....how? :dunno:

The_Clincher said:
yea and he seems to be going quite well, now that he's in the general ward :D

That doesn't mean that a present is no longer in order :) Even if he were to go home today, the fact remains that he went through something very traumatic and deserves a cool present!

wooflepoof said:
Im pretty sure were gunna go w/ the helmet,

I was thinkin somethin like this
http://img206.imageshack.**/img206/6621/hamster118no2.png

Are we gunna have ano9ther thread for what we want to put on it?

I love it! Could you maybe scan that (or at least get a better picture of it) that I can use for the design? I tried using that image, but it's pretty tough to edit. Here's my basic idea, I'm not quite done the Zonda yet:

HammondZondainprog2.jpg

The best way to reach BBC Top Gear is to call them and speak with a person. I'm sure that writing will take a long time to get an answer. If we explained why, I'm sure they would take the time to help us.

The helmet idea is great, but I hope we can still get a t-shirt and plush hamsters to fill it up as a bonus gift.

BeserkerCat: I LOVE IT! That hamster fits in soo well in that Zonda.

CanadianLoonie: Oh hello fellow Vancouverite! :mrgreen:

BerserkerCatSplat said:
wooflepoof said:
Im pretty sure were gunna go w/ the helmet,

I was thinkin somethin like this
http://img206.imageshack.**/img206/6621/hamster118no2.png

Are we gunna have ano9ther thread for what we want to put on it?

I love it! Could you maybe scan that (or at least get a better picture of it) that I can use for the design? I tried using that image, but it's pretty tough to edit. Here's my basic idea, I'm not quite done the Zonda yet:

HammondZondainprog2.jpg

:lol: :lol: If you want i could def do that but it was just an idea

how about:

I have no problem with the money going direct to his family, with perhaps a very small amount going to personalized gift that can be brought to him as he recovers. Something to remind him that there are a lot of people, all around the world, pulling for his speedy recovery.

An custom made "award" for best car crash ever recorded for a television show

A trophy for first place in the first ever British high-speed head plowing contest

...or something like that, but with wit.

If he and his family wants, they can certainly forward the money to the helicopter fund.

Zipn said:
how about:

I have no problem with the money going direct to his family, with perhaps a very small amount going to personalized gift that can be brought to him as he recovers.....

I think we've already pretty much decided on the helmet...

Hmm, I'm starting to think that we should just give all the money to the helicopter fund. It's what the family wants it seems.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/5374918.stm

The 36-year-old, who suffered a brain injury during filming for the BBC show, has been joking with his wife about the amount of flowers he has been sent.

Amanda Hammond urged well-wishers to consider making a donation to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance instead.

Mrs Hammond said the family had been overwhelmed by the flowers and messages of support received from well-wishers since her husband suffered what doctors say was a significant brain injury.

But she added: "However, Richard is now beginning to worry that [co-presenters] Jeremy [Clarkson] and James [May] will start taking the mickey, so it would be great if - instead of flowers - people could make a donation to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.

"The service is entirely funded by charitable donations and there's little doubt in my mind that without it, Richard would not be making the excellent progress he is."

I think that's more because he's been getting more flowers than he can possibly handle. I think a helmet from a dedicated community of fans would mean more than short-lived flowers from random people.

Viper007Bond said:
Hmm, I'm starting to think that we should just give all the money to the helicopter fund. It's what the family wants it seems.

I agree. It's hard trying to design a helmet over the internet.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
I think that's more because he's been getting more flowers than he can possibly handle. I think a helmet from a dedicated community of fans would mean more than short-lived flowers from random people.

matt_shaw said:
Viper007Bond said:

I agree. It's hard trying to design a helmet over the internet.

Both very valid points - but since the helicopter fund is now enormous, I still think the helmet would be a fantastic gift that would be cherised, with remaining funds going to the helicopter service.

CanadianLoonie said:
How about giving it some smoke off the rear tires?

Yeah, I think that would be a nice touch.

And I think the Air Ambulance is getting plenty of donations, so it won't hurt to give a custom present like this that is a lot more meaningful that flowers.