Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

Now that we've got the dough, what should we get hamster?

• Tee shirts and chocolates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mini Z remote control car

• Brake clock

• Total voters
I was just thinking... you know how everyone wants "FinalGear.com" to be put somewhere on the helmet? Well, why not make it a dedication so it sounds less like an advertisement? Something like "From all your fans @ FinalGear.com." Friendly, crediting, etc.

...yeah, I seriously need to sleep now.

Yea, something that says it's from us, but not like screaming Final Gear.com. Like "From everyone around the world at Final Gear, get well soon"

ESPNSTI said:
I voted for the helmet and filling it with stuff for the kids is a great idea.
Choccies and plush hamsters perhaps.
And throw in a T-Shirt too.

yup, yup. Another vote for option ESPNSTI

Viper007Bond said:
Janus said:
How much have we raised?
$1,178.10 USD
Wow that's just brilliant! :D

I'm all for getting something for the kids. I don't have the most creative mind when it comes to selecting gifts so I'll leave the gift choosing to those who contributed and those who can think up a nice gift.

sth like this (with his 911 or charger in there)

i love em!

(originally posted in this thread)

Helmet definitely!

Although, I wouldn't put "finalgear" on outside at least. I mean, if he likes it enough, he might even show it on the show :) Which is nice from one point of view, but unlikely that producers will allow it.

ESPNSTI said:
I voted for the helmet and filling it with stuff for the kids is a great idea.
Choccies and plush hamsters perhaps.
And throw in a T-Shirt too.

This is the best idea out of the bunch so far. :thumbsup:

I utterly love the idea of a Bouquet of pistons, I think it's hilarious. Not sure how practical that is as a gift to keep. Although I reckon Richard would love it. (don't that that as official though, you guys should make up your own minds!)

On a personal note, I'm touched by what everyone has been saying and doing for Richard. The sheer amount of money raised here, and by pistonheads is staggering, and a testiment to how well loved Richard is.

Between bbc.co.uk/topgear and topgear.com we have had over 22,000 emails of support. I know BBC News have had many more, and Sky, The Sun and other papers have had yet more!

It's been a horrible coupld of days, but my faith in humanity has been restored.

Viper007Bond said:
Janus said:
How much have we raised?
$1,178.10 USD

Bloody hell that's brilliant!

As we dont know what size helmet Hammond takes how about getting one that is the smallest so it's more of a display helmet?

Also the runners of this site could get the helmet engraved with a message.

i love the helmet idea. whoever had that idea :thumbsup:

it think the fruit basket should be in with that, for his family

and we musn't forget Top Gear Dog, Pedigree Chum!!

i'll look and see what helmets are on the net

EDIT: found this http://www.granthood.co.uk/helmets.php

helmets are between ?150 and ?600 from the UK

I strongly suggest we give him a helmet with a decent paintjob + a T-shirt saying "I rolled a rocket car at 300 mph and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".

Nogger said:
I strongly suggest we give him a helmet with a decent paintjob + a T-shirt saying "I rolled a rocket car at 300 mph and all I got was this lousy t-shirt".
I personally like those ideas.

And we should probably hurry and get this done. We don't want it to take a month to finally get him something. ;)

62424.jpg

This in a cartoony style with the message "Can't keep a Hamster down". With the airbrush focussing on pearly white teeth.

Viper007Bond said:
Nogger said:
I personally like those ideas.

And we should probably hurry and get this done. We don't want it to take a month to finally get him something. ;)

^^That.

Yep, go ahead viper and contact whoever you think will be doing this. I think the money we have should be enough for simple airbrush job. Doesn't have to be whole helmet, you know. Just choose a nice base color (pink? :))

Pink helmet, fighting hamster and a catchy/ funny phrase on it and we're golden.

We are go for launch. :D